z

Young Writers Society

New Chatroom

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:07 pm
Nate says...

For about the tenth time, I've changed the chatroom. However, I'm going to stick with this one for a while because it's a lot better than the old one, plus it still shows who is in the chatroom on the home and index pages.

Some nifty features:
- Change the color of your text
- Create a new room with an optional password. This can be very useful for usergroups and is something I plan on using with the mod squad.
- Change the background of the chatroom
- New emoticons
- User avatars
- Away messages
- Sounds

There are some lag issues with the chatroom when there are a lot of people in, but it never gets too bad. Also, if you change the font family, it's best to log out then log back in else you'll have lots of problems.

By the way, there is a mandatory ten second interval between posts in the chatroom. That is to keep people from spamming.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:41 pm
backgroundbob says...

D'oh. I always type messages in stages: time to break that habit, it seems.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:54 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Except for the interval thing, this is nifty. Thanks.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:02 pm
Snoink says...

One word: SWEET!

...though technically that would be three words. Eh... yep!

Neat stuff! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon May 01, 2006 12:13 am
Sponson Light says...

You should really see how I type.
I type it in
broken lines
much like this.

Ill say something like

Hey have you seen
that new movie?
Silent Hill, it hear it was great
though I never did see it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 01, 2006 3:24 am
Nate says...

Changed the ten second interval to only five seconds. Also fixed a couple of minor bugs.

If you are not a moderator, but are able to ban someone please let me know. If you are a moderator and cannot ban someone, please let me know. To check, click on a name while in the chat (it can even be your name) and see if a ban option is listed.

Also, if you are getting a message that you are banned, let me know. At this time, NO ONE IS BANNED. I think it's fixed now so it shouldn't happen, but if it does, let me know.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon May 01, 2006 6:13 am
Ego says...

I gots one word for yas, Nate: GANGSTA
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon May 01, 2006 2:40 pm
Firestarter says...

This new chatroom is quality.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon May 01, 2006 5:12 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Why do some people have M's next to their name, is that for mods? Because last night I saw that some people who weren't mods had M's next to their names so thought maybe it meant something else. Or maybe you've fixed it now.

Anyways, love the new chatroom :D
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon May 01, 2006 7:11 pm
zell says...

I love the new chatroom its class i don't think you can change cause its so darn amazing.

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data