z

Young Writers Society

Please Help Us Catch Spam Reviews

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 am
Nate says...

Spam reviews can come in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes, the reviewer simply quotes the entire work then either adds nothing or adds only a little bit. Other times, the reviewer may simply write a bunch of gibberish (such as a ton of exclamation marks), or the reviewer may even plagiarize the reviews of others.

When you see a spam review, report it! To do this, click on the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of the post. You'll have to fill out a very brief report, but once done, it'll be brought to the attention of a moderator. The moderator can then remove the spam review and contact the spammer.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:33 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Ugh, I've already seen and reported a few of those. Felt like a schoolkid every time I did (oooo, I'm gonna tell on yooou), but now I shall do so guilt-free.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:39 am
Dreamwalker says...

RachaelElg wrote:Ugh, I've already seen and reported a few of those. Felt like a schoolkid every time I did (oooo, I'm gonna tell on yooou), but now I shall do so guilt-free.

I attest to this. I can't remember how many reviews I've reported :/ I thought I was pestering.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's not! Mods will love you for making our jobs just a bit easier. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

245 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm
View Likes
sargsauce says...

Spam reviews can come in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes, the reviewer simply quotes the entire work then either adds nothing or adds only a little bit. Other times, the reviewer may simply write a bunch of gibberish (such as a ton of exclamation marks), or the reviewer may even plagiarize the reviews of others.

When you see a spam review, report it! To do this, click on the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of the post. You'll have to fill out a very brief report, but once done, it'll be brought to the attention of a moderator. The moderator can then remove the spam review and contact the spammer.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :pirate2:

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:10 pm
View Likes
lilymoore says...

We really do appreciate it! Plus, did you know that reporting a spam review wins you a brand new car!!!

Well, depending on your definition of new.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

simply quotes the entire work then either adds nothing or adds only a little bit
Either this or they copy and paste the whole text but they don't use the 'quote' key they just put speech marks or quote marks around it so that people 'don't notice'.

I agree with everyone else, this is extremely wrong and it is really annoying and frustrating for everyone that does put time and effort into writing thoughtful honest reviews that actually help the reviewer. I will definitely be on the lookout for those kind of reviews because this is wrong and it needs to be stopped.

From DreamingForever

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm
MaryEvans says...

Is it still possible to report spam reviews? And if so how?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 pm
Nate says...

MaryEvans wrote:Is it still possible to report spam reviews? And if so how?

This is an old topic that has been archived, but it is still possible to report spam reviews by messaging a moderator. Preferably, contact someone in the General Lit or Poetry crew (see the YWS Team listing), but contacting anyone in light /dark green works.

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind