New Skin, and YWS Is Back Online; April 15, 2006

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:00 pm
Nate says...

I took the site down for two reasons:

1. I was really getting tired of people whining
2. I decided to keep YWS down until the dark skin was ready

The dark skin, known as YWS Inverted Blue and designed by Bobo, is now ready. It's a great looking skin, and best of all, since it's still YWS Standard, I don't have to worry about making changes to different templates anymore (although it took some trickery to get it to work)!

Thanks to Bobo, we now have a dark skin, and more are on the way (he's working on orange now). And if I hear one person complain that [insert color here] isn't available, I'm going to whack them over the head with a bowling pin :P

Yay!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:09 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Yay!!

*cheers Nate and Bobo*

*dances*

:P
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:40 pm
Snoink says...

BuT oMgAz, I WaNnA hAvE a PuCe CoLoR.

*is whacked by a bowling pin*

Yay! The dark theme looks a lot more spiffy anyway, compared to the other dark theme. Still... *huggles standard*

Anyway, that click the red button thing was absolutely awesome, so pointers for you on finding that! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:49 pm
Bobo says...

If I hear you complain that a certain color isn't there, though, I'll direct you to this thread, where you can tell me what colors you want and I'll make them!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:52 pm
Firestarter says...

The site is back ... my life resumes. Just kidding ... right?

Wow ... the dark skin ... is great. Well done Bobo and Nate! I don't know whether to be dark or light anymore, but I guess the choice is a good thing :) Really well done. Guess it will depend on my mood. Right now it's black. Clue to anybody?

Oh, PS - VIPs are still only bolded (might wanna make them purple again) and I'm not orange (I'm gonna bug you about this until you knock me out with something)
Last edited by Firestarter on Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 am
Shriek says...

Awh, Jack. : ( I didn't know what to do with myself when the site was down. It was pretty pathetic. Ha!
Much applause to the both Nate and Bobo. The new skin looks great! -Wags eyebrows-
(And I'm with Snoink -- loved the red button thing, and showed it to my family. Their facial expressions ranged from confusion and amusement, and a little in between. Hah!)
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:04 am
_fallingstar_ says...

The red button rocked.

Behold the power of Flash animation! XD
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:38 am
Duskglimmer says...

*runs in and hugs the site* I don't care what color YWS is anymore! I'm so happy it's back!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

425 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:23 am
Nate says...

Just added a lot more colors that Bobo designed!

Some quirky things going on though that I'm too tired to figure out right now... (1) YWS Lime is instead YWS Orange, (2) YWS Orange doesn't really show up as an option, (3) random little things.

I'll figure it all out tomorrow...

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:48 pm
Sureal says...

I'm loving YWS Inverted. I'm currently the only person using Inverted Grey (I feel special).

I've come accross the red button thing before. But being the sad person I am, I ran through it all again (twice) instead of doing my coursework.
I wrote the above just for you.

425 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:21 pm
Nate says...

Everything should be working fine now. If you experience problems, let Bobo or myself know. Depending on what the problem is, it'll be one of us who will need to fix it, but Bobo and I can figure that part out.

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying