z

Young Writers Society

New (sorta) look for YWS

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:31 pm
Sureal says...

Personally I preferd the Standard (or rather, the old Standard). But hey, if this makes the site easier to look after then I'm all for it.

It'll take a bit of time to put it into action, but by the end of the week, you should be able to choose whatever background color you want for YWS; whether it be pink, neon green, white, grey, etc.

Cool, if you could get that to work, then that would be great.

On another note, I now see that on the 'your fav skin' poll that YWS Standard is actually winning (although only just) ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:41 pm
Areida says...

I like the blue, but the standard I really can't stand. You guys know I try to be a positive person but this darkness is just plain depressing. It makes my eyes hurt and you can't see the new threads as clearly and... just... urgh...

I'm going to try Dark Purple like Crysi, since I used to have purple on white, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:10 pm
-KayJuran- says...

I much prefer this to the white one we had before. Mind you, the new YWS Standard is barely any different to what I'd set to default before the changes. :P

Maybe I'm being a little unobservant, but is there also a new logo at the top now..?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 pm
bulletproof says...

Even if it is better on the eye's it just is not the same it kind of is weird.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:57 am
Bobo says...

Nate, did you not hear my proposal? I can help you make an entirely new skin that uses the same coding as this one but resembles something more bright and cheery, or more techy, or whatever. And it sounds like people really want a lighter skin...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:47 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

The only thing I don't like about the new look is that mods aren't green anymore :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:05 pm
Nate says...

Bobo wrote:Nate, did you not hear my proposal? I can help you make an entirely new skin that uses the same coding as this one but resembles something more bright and cheery, or more techy, or whatever. And it sounds like people really want a lighter skin...

Yep, I heard it, sorry. What I'm going to do is change it such that people can choose their own background. If you can make new images, that would be fantastico!

Matt, good point, lol. When I get some time, I'll make all the mods green again. Only takes a minute to change that.

481 Reviews

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:19 pm
Bobo says...

Hey, if you could send me a ZIP file of the images for one of the dark skins, I'd whip out some sweet light images way fast...maybe.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:54 am
Myth says...

I like the new change, the logo is really pretty.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:59 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* Well, I guess this thread gets to cover two changes now doesn't it?

I like the logo on the front page, but the one at the top that shows up at every page bothers me. First of all, it took me forever and a day to realize that the picture behind the words was a stack of books, not a birdhouse, and secondly it's just not very fun.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:11 pm
Nate says...

lol, there's three threads on this now, so I wasn't sure where to put this, but...

I had some spare time during work (it's really slow today), so I went ahead and did some sifting around that I thought of before I fall asleep last night. And, it works great. Right now, you can only change the background color, but now that I have it all set up, I just need to add a few more things to enable users to change all the colors.

If you want to test it out, click here:
forum/profile.php?mode=style

It'll be under My YWS once I'm done. For now, just remember the color has to be a hex code and that the default is E0E0E0. If you want black, it's 000000, and white is FFFFFF. You can find more by typing hex codes into google.

UPDATE: This is a really good site for hex codes:
http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html

Been messing around with it, and it's actually kind of cool. I actually can't wait to finish this up, so I'm just gonna get it done as soon as I can get to my laptop, which will be around 10:30 pm EST.

481 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:35 pm
Bobo says...

Only problem with this is that the images used in the skin don't all blend. No biggie, though.

I still want to make a dark skin :P

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:41 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Like Matt said about the Mods, I'm normal colour again lol. Feels kinda weird. I want to be orange once more!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Moo.
— Cow