z

Young Writers Society

How to Create a Novel

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 am
27017296 says...

How long is a novel, exactly? I have a story, which I'm not sure should be counted as a novel, or short story. It's only about 50 pages, with almost 17,000 words.
Signatures are so 2011

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 am
Rosendorn says...

That's be closer to a novella, which often go in the novel subforums. :)

Novellas go from about 15k/20k to 49k, while novels are over 50k. (k= 1,000)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 am
murtuza says...

Hello!

I need help! I've just posted my first novel called Graduation and the first chapter - 'Prologue' as well and I've gone through all the steps to publish it. However, when I go and see the novel on the novels page, it says that it's been authored by some other writer and not by me.

Though It still says that I wrote the chapter even though the novel comes under 'WrittenInStone'. I don't know what to do about this. Here's what it looks like - novel.php?id=1634 And I also don't know how this happened - novel.php?id=2046

I'll be most appreciative for help! >.<

Murtuza
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 am
View Likes
kaitemay says...

my name is jess my best friend abby has a boyfriend named nate i got so mad about it beacasue i want a boyfriend so bad i made then break up ok i tell you how this happend from the beinging.

there was a girl name jess cook she was at tafe talking to abby thompson and nate pitt and nate and abby was hugging and i keep saying stop doing that nate said do you like me or something no and i don't i like jake frio and he only wants to be frineds and it suck nate said ok grow up get over it and abby said his right jess.

the end
k.williams

5 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm
Dr. Who says...

How do I create a novel on the new YWS? I have two chapters of Doctor Who fanfiction, The Laws of Time Chapters 1 and 2 (which you should all go read by the way). I went to the green "read/write" tab and clicked the "Fanfiction Novels" link and clicked the blue "post new topic" button on the side of the page and submitted my work and it appears in the forum, but I want to put the two chapters together and when I submitted I didn't get the "make a novel" option.
She's my forever

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You can't yet! That feature is coming sometime later. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:21 pm
View Likes
Dr. Who says...

Ah, thank you Rosey! That makes me feel better about my inability to create cool things! Now that I know that it is, at the present time, quite impossible, I will cease my tireless escapades into the process. :D
She's my forever

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore