z

Young Writers Society

Submit to the Young Writers Literary Journal! (closed)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 am
View Likes
countingmoments says...

Hey so when i submitted my poem it gave me a log number to track the status of my poem or something like that. Where can i go to submit the log number too track my poem?
I'm not Superman, but I'll be as super as I can

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Everyone ->> 72 entries total thus far! Keep 'em coming.

Countingmoments ->> Unfortunately, that's not set up yet. However the status for everyone right now is no status at all. The editors won't begin reading the entries until the deadline is over, and we won't even begin deciding what gets accepted until March/April.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 am
View Likes
Evi says...

we will only publish material that is generally appropriate for ages 13+

12+: Maybe the topic deals with something serious or contains a couple of low-key curse words.

First quote from the guidelines, second from the Content Ratings Info on the site. Would "damn" and "hell" thrown once each into a story be considered inappropriate? I think they qualify as low-key, but I want to make sure. Thanks!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

425 Reviews

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

*deleted
Last edited by Jashael on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

319 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

Last question (for now)...will EACH story be read WHOLLY? I was just wondering. :p

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

425 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Jash ->> Your first question depends. But based on what you described, that sounds fine. I should add that thus far, we have never disqualified an entry based on content.

With regards to whether stories are read wholly or not, that also depends. I can't speak for all the editors, but for me, if I read something where the first few paragraphs are riddled with grammatical errors, I'm not going to read any further. Once, we did receive an entry where the author used chat-speak extensively. You didn't need to read more than two sentences of it.

Usually, though, the whole piece is read. Also, note that when I say grammatical errors, I am not saying that the piece has to be grammatically perfect. But we at least look for whether or not the author proofread the piece. For instance, there's really no excuse these days to have a mis-spelled word thanks to spell-check. But errors such as missing a comma or mixing up "there" and "their" wouldn't get your work rejected.

Speaking of grammar, please check your posts. Writing words out in all-caps do not make for fun reading.

319 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:57 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

Thanks, Sir! -- for the speedy reply! Cool. *breathes* So, I may now submit. :) Thanks again...

Umm... Considering my posts, I know it doesn't show but believe me I'm grammar-freak. YUP. =P weeee...

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 am
View Likes
snickerdooly says...

Where do I submit my writing piece I was planning on just pressing on the picture thingy on the home page but then it's not there anymore and I had to take time writing my piece. Well anyway could you show me where I can submit?
"Characters cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

319 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

CLICK HERE

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 am
View Likes
PatriciaTina says...

Hey, so I know this may seem like a stupid question but I would just like to clarify one thing quickly. By the deadline being January 31st, does this mean that we can still submit between 9 and 10 PM on the 31st? (Mountain Time) I'm getting back from vacation around that time and I'm leaving tomorrow so I won't really be able to submit it until I get back home since I won't have internet on my laptop. I hope I'll be able to still submit! This weekend is going to be crazy busy, and I'm gonna be finishing my entry up in the car on the way there and back, so I will be able to finish it, I just need to submit it when I get back...
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

319 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

I wanna know about it too.

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Chocolatewritingcat & Jash ->> As long as it is January 31 anywhere in the world, then you'll be fine. To be precise, as long as it's still January 31 in Pago Pago, American Samoa, you're cool:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1033

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:49 am
View Likes
Button says...

My image, despite being a .jpg, simple refuses to load-- has anyone else been experiencing problems? The image hasn't been showing an error before, and I renamed it in an attempt to try something different, but it just won't work. Any ideas/alternatives on how to get it up?

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica