z

Young Writers Society

Submit to the Young Writers Literary Journal! (closed)

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm
View Likes
Galerius says...

Meditate for a few days. And when you successfully meet Polaris between your closed eyes, you shall know that things will happen when they happen, and there's nothing any of us can do but put on sunglasses, a suit and embrace the coming tide of fate with open arms as we stand half-toed off a waterfall, staring in.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Galerius wrote:Meditate for a few days. And when you successfully meet Polaris between your closed eyes, you shall know that things will happen when they happen, and there's nothing any of us can do but put on sunglasses, a suit and embrace the coming tide of fate with open arms as we stand half-toed off a waterfall, staring in.

Or in English, don't worry, you'll find out eventually.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm
View Likes
SilentRain says...

Ya, but an eailer post said that everyone would be notified by the 10th and it is the 11th...
topic68479.html <---- Click here to have your poems reviewed!

Theres always a rainbow after the Rain!!!!!!!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

SilentRain wrote:Ya, but an eailer post said that everyone would be notified by the 10th and it is the 11th...

This is a fact! However, things change and people get busy. I'm sure you understand, though, that it's coming! And trust me--I'm just as excited and anxious as you are! Let's just be patient and see. ;)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm
View Likes
SilentRain says...

Okay, so, if you haven't been notified that doesn't mean you didn't get in? If so... Yay! I still have a chance!
topic68479.html <---- Click here to have your poems reviewed!

Theres always a rainbow after the Rain!!!!!!!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

You'll be notified whether you made it or not! The emails haven't been sent yet, but they're sure to come soon. Keep an eye out!
I make my own policies.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:11 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I appreciate everyone's patience on this. We received 220+ submissions, and the editors finished up with their decisions on March 31. Since then, I've just been trying to make sense of which works are accepted; not an easy task as the editors do often disagree and because of the huge volume of submissions. Also, since the editing was blind (meaning they didn't know who wrote the piece), I have to make sure that no one person has more than one work in the Journal. There are a few people who submitted a story and a poem and had both accepted, but we're only allowing one or the other this year.

In any case, final calls are being made tonight then I am sending out the e-mails immediately afterwards; I am not going to sleep until all e-mails are sent. I apologize in advance for what will be automated e-mails. Due to the huge volume of submissions, it's just not possible for me to write a customized letter to each person. I'd prefer to do that, but it'd take an entire day (if not more).

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Nate, you are a sleepless beast.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 am
View Likes
Lava says...

What Building said.
You're awesome.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 am
View Likes
Nate says...

All e-mails have been sent. Again, I apologize greatly for the automated e-mails.

We accepted 15 poems, 15 short stories, and only 5 pieces of artwork. There were a bunch that were excellent but could not be accepted simply due to financial constraints. Overall, the acceptance rate was only 15.8%, which gives you an idea of the huge volume of submissions we received. In past years, the acceptance rate was more like 50% to 60%.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:51 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

The fact that there were 221 submissions is alone astounds me to no end. I'm a proud JabberHut. You guys are all brilliant for just sending something in!

And loads of thank yous to Nate and the editor team. You all are so wonderful for taking the time to put together a literary journal that best represents this site's talents and community. (srsly, some of our reviews are probably being reflected in the entries accepted!) Great job to you guys. Your efforts are highly noticed and appreciated!

Great job, YWS. It was a team effort putting the journal together, and I just love seeing successful teamwork at play. :D
I make my own policies.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Oh mah gosh. I got in.

-flails in joy-
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Is there any way one can reorder the first journal?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:07 am
View Likes
lilymoore says...

Yes you can, Stori.

2008 edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Young-Writers-Lit ... 411&sr=8-2

2010 edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Young-Writers-Lit ... 411&sr=8-1
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am
View Likes
Hecate says...

It's probably a bit too soon to be asking this, but are we going to find out when the contracts are mailed out? I mean, to us minors. I'm just really anxious that for whatever reason it won't get to me, or something will go wrong.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines