z

Young Writers Society

Submit to the Young Writers Literary Journal! (closed)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed May 04, 2011 11:02 pm
Jas says...

Yeah, I've been worried about what Stelagineva said too.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

I'm just letting of steam, maybe... but next year, could you send an advance notice? I would like to be able to write/edit something and send it in...
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

fire_of_dawn wrote:I'm just letting of steam, maybe... but next year, could you send an advance notice? I would like to be able to write/edit something and send it in...

The submission period was two months long, and there was advance notice of half-a-year including a community wide newsletter. How much advance notice do you want?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:56 pm
Hecate says...

Did the YWS Literary Journal 2011 ever come out in paperback? It was meant to come out at about mid September and then we were meant to receive our copies, but I can't even find it on Amazon. Is it not coming out in paperback after all?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

stelagineva wrote:Did the YWS Literary Journal 2011 ever come out in paperback? It was meant to come out at about mid September and then we were meant to receive our copies, but I can't even find it on Amazon. Is it not coming out in paperback after all?

You can get it on Lulu.com in paperback. :) (Link to the product itself)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:17 pm
Lumi says...

Roseydear, that's 2010. ;)

Stela, the short answer to your question is no. The longer answer is that Nate took a break from YWS in mid-September, and will return eventually. Until then, I wouldn't worry too much. If you'd like a digital copy, they're $0.99 on Amazon, and if you don't have the cash for it, I'd be more than glad to gift it to you.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 am
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

Lumi wrote:Roseydear, that's 2010. ;)

Stela, the short answer to your question is no. The longer answer is that Nate took a break from YWS in mid-September, and will return eventually. Until then, I wouldn't worry too much. If you'd like a digital copy, they're $0.99 on Amazon, and if you don't have the cash for it, I'd be more than glad to gift it to you.

Hey whoa, don't try and creep in on my gifting territory. >:0 I'm going to gift Journals to every person in this world, you hear me?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 pm
Hecate says...

Oh, all right :)

Haha, that's really nice of you guys, but it's totally fine. I want it in paperback whenever it comes out ^_^ .It's a lot more real that way. Yep, I'm one of those old fashioned people who want to actually hold a book in their hands and flip the pages and smell the ink and paper...yeah okay I'm weird. But thanks anyway, I was just wondering what's going on with that, so I'm glad I know.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

My deepest apologies, and stela is absolutely right.

The problem has not been time, but rather money. Finances, both YWS and personal, have been quite tight. Furthermore, the Journal is a big-time loss maker, so that makes it all the more difficult to get it off the ground.

However, I'll get the Journal out before Christmas. It's been ready to go since September, but there hasn't been any money available to push it out until very recently.

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham