z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm
SmylinG says...

I know there's no bug fixing as of right now, but I figured I'd post anyway just so that it's up here. :smt108

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 9:08am Pacific Standard Time
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Page You Were On: Notifications
Describe What Happened: It's happened twice already where I have a notification that's linking me to a wall comment I'm having a conversation in on another's wall, yet it will suddenly link the comment to my wall. When I go to the users wall to see the wall post and the comments below it, it won't load the comments on their page. Just one of those weird sporadic things that's happened to me. I don't have the problem very often, but the fact that it happened twice I figured I may as well report it as a bug.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:52 am
View Likes
Mr.Knightley says...

Just a minor bug: When you unfollow someone there's an annoying typo-message that pops up. =P

Aaaaaand now I realize how much we need Nate! D:
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:05 pm
View Likes
Kagi says...

Just to drop a quick note, the sign above still constantly comes up when trying to post a contest.

Kagi x
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Kagi, could you please PM me with a screenshot of the information you're attempting to post in the contests section? There's perhaps something you're trying to do that won't work. Also, since you've reported this before, please refrain from doing so again. The report is still here, so be patient during Nate's absence as bug fixes won't be available for an extended period of time.

Though, as I said, PM me and I will see if it's an issue on your end. It could be something as simple as a version of Internet Explorer you're using (which you should change to Firefox anyway, since IE is awful) or a matter of needing to clear your cookies on YWS.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 pm
View Likes
Lion says...

I do not have a Writer Feed Pad account!

I mentioned it a few posts ago, in the correct form. But it never got addressed.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear;
after that, fear has no power,
and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.

You are free.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hi Lion!

We're in the middle of a wavy period regarding bugs, we have no one to fix them. Don't worry, we're working on it!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

Reviews: 3
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 pm
View Likes
Lion says...

Sorry Penguin. I sort of went in a rage.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear;
after that, fear has no power,
and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.

You are free.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:34 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lion! And others who have similar issues, read this for a temporary "this is close enough" fix.

If you don't have a WFP account (which new members don't for a reason we're not sure of), you can still use WriterFeed Pad. Simply go here, or type in http://www.writerfeedpad.com in your browser, and click "Create New Pad". While it won't be linked to your account, you can save the link and have access to it at any time you want.

If you do that, please put your YWS username at the top of the pad for reference, and be sure to follow YWS rules in the pad. Be sure to save the link because each one is unique, which means you're not likely to remember a number/letter combo that easily.
-Shinji Moon

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:06 pm
View Likes
Idraax says...

Er...speaking of writepad...it seems I can't access it. Do you know why? It happened before I cleared my cache and it's still happening even after I've cleared my cache.
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am
View Likes
Navita says...

Not sure if it's a bug or something, but I am unable to forward PMs? I didn't even know it was possible till today.

Reviews: 2
Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:06 pm
View Likes
TheSage says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): Unknown. I discovered this at 12:04 EST.
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: post927592.html#p927592
Describe What Happened: YWS's Site removed the majority of my story, cutting it off mid sentence. I didn't edit this and it was only just recently pointed out to me by another member. I'm honestly not sure how this even happened.
Celestial Projects

-Pluto's Hall-

-Gamer-

-A Cold Summer-

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 am
View Likes
Lava says...

This isn't a site bug, it's about the 'YWS Activity update' messages.

The thing is, I've clicked unsubscribe a couple of times, and I get a notification saying successful, yet I still receive those emails.
It's a great feature, but I get onto YWS pretty much daily and it's sort of redundant and clogging the inbox.

Don't worry if it's a big deal.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Nate, can you please help me? My computer must have glitched, and I accidentally posted the third chapter of my novel "You Can Call Me Sam" 4 times! Is there any way you can delete three of them?
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:29 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

We took care of it for you, CR! I'll donate 300 points back to you riiiight...now.
-Shinji Moon

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hello!

I need help! I had posted my first novel called Graduation and the first chapter - 'Prologue' as well and I've gone through all the steps to publish it. However, when I go and see the novel on the novels page, it says that it's been authored by some other writer and not by me.

Though It still says that I wrote the chapter even though the novel comes authored under 'WrittenInStone'. I don't know what to do about this. Here's what it looks like - novel.php?id=1634 And I also don't know how this happened - novel.php?id=2046

I'll be most appreciative for help! >.<

Murtuza
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu