z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 pm
Dynamo says...

I've got a little problem with the format of the discussion forums in the clubs we have now, specifically the ad at the bottom of the page. The only way to post in the discussion is to do a quick reply, but if I try to use the bottom quick reply button the ad at the bottom of the page blocks half of the text box. Alternatively, if I try to use the one at the top it moves the entire discussion down a bit until the last post is blocked by the ad, the post people are most likely trying to reply to in the first place. Would it be possible to fix it in the next site update so that it moves down with the rest of the discussion when someone tries to quick reply?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Nate wrote:
If you're still experiencing problems, please use the template directly below to report the problem:

Time of Incident (include your timezone):
Browser:
Page You Were On:
Describe What Happened:

103 Reviews

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Time of Incident: 12:16 PM ((UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada))
Browser: Internet Explorer (Not sure which version)
Page You Were On: Any club discussion forum.
Describe What Happened: See previous post by me.
Take that, science!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Dynamo wrote:Browser: Internet Explorer (Not sure which version)

http://mybrowserinfo.com (Copy the stuff under "my browser string agent is" to "click for detailed browser info.")
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

103 Reviews

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

That section said Mozilla/4.0 for some reason, which is weird because I'm not using firefox. I did manage to figure out that I'm running Internet Explorer 8.0. I hope that helps.

Here's the info that you told me to copy: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/2; .NET4.0E)
Take that, science!

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:29 am
View Likes
Payne says...

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.220 Safari/535.1
Page you were on: My wall.
What happened: I changed my settings so that only my friends can view the comments on my wall. However, now I can't see my comments. It gives me the option to add myself as a friend so that I can view the comments, but nothing happens when I click on it. Not sure if it's a bug or what...
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:37 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Just a little anomaly, nothing big:

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 13.35 GMT+1
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: Reading through old posts on The Character Tea Party
Describe What Happened: If you scroll down, Twit's name is still TL G-Wooster, but clicking on it takes you to Twit's profile. The same with Volt in the same forum- he remains "Bolt."
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:09 pm
View Likes
Kagi says...

Just a quick question,

How do you know when/if the problems been fixed? Just check up here I guess? It's just that a reply doesn't come up in notifications.

Thanks,
Kagi
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:59 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Kagi wrote:Just a quick question,

How do you know when/if the problems been fixed? Just check up here I guess? It's just that a reply doesn't come up in notifications.

Thanks,
Kagi

Usually it's a reply here if the bug gets fixed. Sometimes it just gets fixed without reply. Depends, really.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm
View Likes
borntobeawriter says...

Hey Nate:

This is my browser info from work for the blog problem:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): I don't know - it's a constant thing, and I don't remember when I first saw it.
Browser: Windows Internet Explorer
Page You Were On: Anyone's profile or any club board. (Now it's on discussions too.)
Describe What Happened It's odd... whenever I'm on one of those pages, I scroll down a little and the ads that are supposed to go at the top of the web page are sitting there - RIGHT ON TOP OF THE WORDS. :o When I try to scroll down, the ad moves with the words, so there's no way to read them. If there's a link under the ad, I can't click on that either. I haven't found any way to move the ad or get rid of it.

The weird part is that I visted Nate's page briefly, because I didn't know about the report a bug thing, and the ad moved down to the bottom of the page... and it stayed there for all the other pages. (?) So... I'm pretty much at a loss.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am
View Likes
Jas says...

Spoiler! :
Time of Incident (include your timezone) 9:09 Eastern Time
Page You Were On: WriterFeedPad.
Describe What Happened: My YWS link to WFP doesn't work anymore and when I tried putting my old username in front of .writerfeedpad.com, like the url normally is, I can't sign in under either of my usernames, jasminebells or Jas.

Nevermind. I can sign in under 'jasminebells' on the jasminebells account.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:52 am
View Likes
Kagi says...

How long, not being impatient here just curious, would it take to have a problem fixed?
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:20 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Kagi wrote:How long, not being impatient here just curious, would it take to have a problem fixed?

For now, the answer to this is indefinite. Nate is currently on hiatus, so fixes to problems around YWS may have to hold off for a while. That said, if you're still having problems with something, be sure to post it here, and those of us around will try to help (assuming it's not a coding issue).
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 pm
View Likes
Lion says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 14:38 GMT

Browser: Google Chrome 12.0.742.124

Page You Were On: Any Page.

Describe What Happened: The WriterFeedPad account link takes me to http://lion.writerfeedpad.com/, but then re-directs to to the main site http://writerfeedpad.com/ I think I might not have a WFP account because I only joined recently.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear;
after that, fear has no power,
and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.

You are free.

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina