Reviews: 2058
Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Time of Incident: 21:35 Central
Browser: Mozilla firefox
Template: Standard? I don't know what it is called. The "usual" one
Page You Were On: I was doing a search function "recent posts"
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): yes?
Describe What Happened: I was logged out upon clicking the link to view recent posts and then it said there were no search results--which makes sense since I was logged out.

Good luck with fixing this Nate, haha. I hate when bugs come up; not because it's annoying for me, but because I know it is even more annoying for you. Wish I could help more!!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:47 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Time of Incident: 3:36pm EDT. (Eastern Daylight Time - apparently)
Browser: Internet Explorer
Template: Chimped Out
Page You Were On: Home
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): yes?
Describe What Happened: I was logged in fine and clicked the "Home" button, when the page refreshed I was still logged in but the message "Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted" appeared in the middle of a blank page. I clicked "Home" again and it merely showed me the same message. I tried clicking "Blogs" instead and it took me to a white page with type on it (I apologise I cannot remember what the type was) from there I clicked "refresh" and I was suddenly at the Blog News page but logged out. Everything worked from there on in.
Last edited by PenguinAttack on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 am
Alteran says...

Incident time: 11:40PM
Browser : Mozilla Firefox
Page I was on: Attempting to get to the Forums
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): Indeed
What happened: I tried to get to the Community forum, Usergroups and Literary forums but only got this message: "Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted"
Last edited by Alteran on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:51 am
Firearris says...

Incident time: 8:56pm
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Page I was on: Trying to get into the chat.
What happened: I have fifty something reviews and it told me "Sorry you need at least 25 reviews".
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 am
View Likes
Bella says...

Time: about 11:30pm
Browser: Internet Explorer
Template: (I just realized what this meant...*sigh*) The True Blue one
Page you were on: Attempting to post in Autumn Beginning Storybook
Cookies?: yes
What Happened: I tried to post with the quick reply box, and instead of the page that tells you that it was posted, a white page came up. it was the same page the came up when I tried to get on the site the other night while Nate was running maintnence stuff (I never got that memo, and spent forever trying to figure it out). I went back, and had to rewrite the post, and the second time through it posted.

I feel cursed...I'm having a lot of issues tonight. :) ah well...
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 am
View Likes
gyrfalcon says...

Time: 11:30pm
Browser: Mozila Firefox
Template: standard
Page: attempting to post in "Rate the Avatar Above You"
Cookies?: I have no idea, I don't think so...
What Happened: I typed my reply in the movable reply box, pushed "submit," and it took me to the log-in thing! I logged in, and it took me to the place where you can edit your posts, except the box was blank, and when I went back to My YWS, the most recent posts had reset themselves (i.e., there was 1 when there had been 100+).

Just frustrating!

Go Nate! Lick this thing!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:54 am
View Likes
Azila says...

Time of Incident: around 1:10 am EST
Template: Default
Page You Were On: Posting a review on darkest_of_them_all 's "My Sunshine" in Other Fiction.
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): I believe so...
Describe What Happened: I was already very deep into the [quite long] review when I clicked the Refresh button on my browser. It logged me out (it does almost any time I click on a new forum -- too frequently to report each time). When I logged back in, it brought me to the page but my review was GONE! Luckily, I was able to get it back thanks to the back button on my browser (<3) but I think I probably lost five years of my life with how worried I got when I saw it had been deleted.

For the record, this also happened with a PM I was sending at around 12:30...

Hope this helps?
~Azila~

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:38 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

Time of Incident: From approx 6.15 to 6.30 pm GMT
Page You Were On: I had multiple windows open - 'Posts since last visit' pages and 'Blog News', then the homepage when I refreshed. And every other page I tried to get on. So, basically, the whole site.
Do You Have Cookies Enabled? (see link at top): Yes
Describe What Happened: The page was just blank after it had loaded. There wasn't even an error code on it. On all the tabs I was on, it had the same title: http://w...news.php

I don't know if this was just site maintenance or not, but it seemed report worthy.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

79 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

My other details are the same as above, but when I refreshed at approx 7.40 pm GMT this message came up:

Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:43 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

As stated before, if it says /install or /contrib, I'm working on stuff.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm
Meshugenah says...

Time: 11:45 AM PST
Browser: Firefox for PC
Template: default
Page: homepage
Cookies: yep
What happened: I refreshed the home page (by clicking the "home" icon, not by hitting refresh, or f5). I had been idle five or ten minutes. Not enough time for the site to log me out (and the last couple days it hasn't logged me out in a more normal duration -- I'd go to class, come back over an hour and a half later, and I'd still be logged in...).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:40 pm
View Likes
Via says...

Time of Incident: about 434pm EST
Browser: IE
Template: Chimped Out
Page You Were On: error on all: Art & Photography, Home page, search page, community forum page, information desk forum, this thread.
Describe What Happened: I was writing a review and when I clicked "submit" it logged me out, and then put me back on the post reply page, so then I clicked submit again and it came up with "critical error! cannot connect to server" or something like that, so I went to the homepage and it said the same thing. After several attempts it went through, and then I clicked new posts since last visit and I got the same error as before...after many attempts again it went through and I clicked community...same error same deal. Once I got in I clicked information desk...same error same deal. then this thread...same error same deal.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

Time of Incident: 21.42 GMT
Page You Were On: Homepage, clicked on 'view posts since last visit' function.
Describe What Happened: I click on different subjects and the following comes up on a white screen:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

It's now happening almost every time I click a new subject, or go to the homepage, or go anywhere.

EDIT: Oh, and now, whenever I go to the homepage it loads from YWS Blog link down to the Google ads just below the banner, but that's it.

~Stewie Griffin

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm
View Likes
Firearris says...

Time of incident: 2:01pm
Browser: Mozilla firefox
Page you where on: Storybooks, homepage, and many more.
Describe what happened: Same as Cpt.Smurf,

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

And I have the same homepage problem.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 pm
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

Time of Incident: 3:02 pm

Describe where you were: on every single link that I've clicked on this shows up:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery