z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 pm
Demeter says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): Has happened several times, not depending on the time of the day. This has been going on for maybe a month or so.

Browser: Safari 5.0.2

Page You Were On: No specific page, as this has happened several times on different pages.

Describe What Happened: I'm about to post a Feed/Profile comment or post on the forums, and after clicking "Submit", I get a notice that says "Sorry, but you're not logged in", or then it takes me directly to the "log in" page. Just to make sure, this happens when I'm definitely logged in. It doesn't always happen, but it has happened a few times per week for some time now.

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:53 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Demi- Have you tried refreshing other pages to see if you're logged in? If not, then the site could've automatically logged you out.

The same thing happened to me awhile ago. I ended up having to clear my cookies. If you're on a mac, I can give you step by step instructions on how to get there. If you're on a PC, I think it'd still be under preferences?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 pm
Nate says...

Logging out problems can be caused by any number of things, and I've never been able to pin down why it happens with some members of YWS but not others. But, Rosey's solution should work.

If you're not already, click "Remember Me" when logging in. Then if it's a public computer, just remember to click on the logout link.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:38 am
Demeter says...

Okay, thanks Rosey and Nate! :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:49 pm
borntobeawriter says...

When trying to nominate a member:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE9' for column 'session_page' at row 1 [1366]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

Edit: I tried again, and this is the message I got:
Error: Esm?? does not exist. Did you spell their name correctly?

I've noticed in the past that when I try to write with accents on wall posts, the post doesn't appear. But it won't even let me enter Esmé's name correctly for a nomination.

Just wanted to let you know.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 am
Nutty says...

I was reviewing a prologue today, so I went to see if the author had added any more chapters- and was surprised to see another entry named prologue. Thinking it was a revised version, I clicked it, to be lead to a completely different author's post. Whether it's a glitch or it's just possible to do and the author made a typo in the url or something... I'm not sure, I haven't played with the novel feature much. Here's a link, regardless. ^^'
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 pm
Kamas says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 11:37 CET

Browser: Google Chrome

Page You Were On: Browsing Time Wasters & Games (edit: I believe I was on the Post your Gif thread at the time.)

Describe What Happened:

The page was loading and it flipped to this warning (not sure if it's a bug, but it looks like it definitely deserves a mention)

I went to rouladeunlimited without actually going onto the site for my laptop's sake (thank you Google Chrome) and pulled up the diagnostic report on the site in case it's any use to you:

Spoiler! :
What is the current listing status for http://www.rouladeunlimited.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 71 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-07-29, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-07-20.
Malicious software is hosted on 7 domain(s), including malwareqzq.com/, macqzq.com/, macqzqxp.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including regiucts.co.tv/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, http://www.rouladeunlimited.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

425 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 pm
Nate says...

People need to be more careful about where they get images from. One of the gifs in the "Post your gif thread" came from Roulade Unlimited, which is the infected site. In any case, the offending gif has been removed and you shouldn't get any more errors on that thread.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 pm
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

I wanted to let you know that there is a giant bug in chat.

Whenever someone innocently posts an "xD" or "XD" the following appears on the screen: "I dropped spaghetti everywhere! What should I do?"

This is a serious bug, as I most certainly did not drop spaghetti. I'm far too refined for that. I think chat was reading someone else's mind.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am
StellaThomas says...

Time of incident- 1.28, GMT

Browser- Google Chrome

Page you were on-Edit Your Novel for this

Describe what happened- I'm posting a new draft and wanted to remove the pieces of the old one from the novel, but I've tried about four times. Each time YWS says my edits have been successful yet each time the pieces are still there. I've made them invisible in my portfolio as well.

Apologies if a) this is me being stupid or b) it's been reported already!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

There seems to be a bug with storybook notifications. Whenever I have already gotten one notification for the storybook that day, I do not get any new notifications. This has happened in two storybooks I'm part of, Another Claim and, just recently, Amidst the Roses.

I can click on the notification itself and get directed to the new posts, but I don't get an alert for any new posts after the first post that's made after mine that day. This has happened on 2/3 posts missed.

Browser info:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50

Although I'd like to note this happened both before and after an upgrade of my browser.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:50 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hey Naterloo!

Time of incident- Multiple times, one minute ago being just one of them.

Browser- Google Chrome

Page you were on- writerfeedpad.

Describe what happened- For the last week or so I've not been able to access writerfeedpad at all. Today when clicking a link to another member's pad I got the message "Oops an error has occured. It has been logged. Please email <suport@etherpad> if this persists." Occurred is actually spelt like that on the message. It happens the same way if I try and get into my own. It's making me hectic sad.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Regarding WFP, there's been some problems with the hosting provider. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but apparently it's related to a bad hard-disk somewhere on their end. What I may have to do is shut WFP down temporarily and move it somewhere else.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:44 pm
Eliza:) says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): Friday, 8:30 pm, MDT

Browser: Mozilla 5.0

Page You Were On: Homepage

Describe What Happened: The homepage said I had two new messages. When I went to the inbox, however, the newest one was already read. When I checked my regular email, it said I had a new message from Meshugenah with the subject, "Re: You Beautiful Creature".
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:17 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey Eliza, what happened is that when Meshugenah (one of the site administrators) was replying to a message, she accidentally sent it to all registered members of YWS. I deleted the message, but as soon as it went out, an e-mail was automatically sent to all members notifying them that they received that message.

It's a one-time error and I've already fixed it such that something like that can't happen again. I apologize for the error.

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus