Young Writers Society

How to Join a Usergroup

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:14 am
Snoink says...

Note: Usergroups no longer exist.

Okay! One of the really super neat features of YWS are the usergroups. Yes. If you're logged in, you'll see a small tiny graphic at the very top that says "Forums" and, if you move your cursor over it, you'll see that there is a whole Usergroups forum. Upon clicking "Usergroups," you're confronted by an amazing amount of cool usergroups. There's Evandor and Computers and Character Development... everything you want, it's there, and if you want something else, no sweat! You can always make another usergroup with your topic in mind.

But you'll find something weird about these usergroups. Unlike the other forums, which you can post on if you're logged in, you can't post in them. Oh, woe!

No, instead you have to join the usergroup first. To do this, put your cursor on "Forums" at the very top and click "Manage Usergroups," which is right below the usergroups spot. You'll see a list of usergroups that you can join. Find the usergroup you want to join and add it to your current memberships.

So join a couple of them! You'll have to wait a little for the usergroup moderator to approve you, but it's well worth it... honest. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 pm
BubbleGirl says...

Thanks, Snoink! I'd been wondering how the usergroups worked, and this was A LOT of help!!!
"I didn't lie! I was writing fiction with my mouth!" -Homer Simpson

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 am
zohali93 says...

What do they do? Is it some sort of group or ...?
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 am
Rosendorn says...

This is an old thread. Usergroups don't exist anymore.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners