z

Young Writers Society

Some Changes: Affects Default Template Only

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 pm
Nate says...

As you have noticed by now, fonts are larger across the site. Also, the Home Page looks different as I got rid of all the stuff on the right hand side. Some of it has vanished, and some of it has simply been moved over to the left hand side. You can still use My YWS for easy access to "Posts Since Last Visit" and to your profile.

The Home Page change just has to do with making it look less squished. The font change has to do with two things:

1. Makes it easier on the eyes
2. In the code, the font size is now mostly compliant with normal web standards. That is, instead of a specific pixel size (it was 10px mostly before), it's now given a key term size (large, medium, small, x-small).

Do you like the changes, or did you like it before?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:39 pm
Myth says...

I liked the previous page. You have to scroll down for everything on the left side, but I'll get used to it.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm
Firestarter says...

I preferred stuff on the right hand side personally! But it's easy to get used to.

EDIT: I'm really not a fan of the big text. That's just a personal preference really.
Last edited by Firestarter on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Alainna says...

I don't really like the new changes...it makes it look a bit...immature. Does that make any sense? I know why I say that....because little kids write really big and it reminds me of that! lol. But I'll get used to it....and if it's improving the site then great.
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:43 pm
Poor Imp says...

I preferred its previous look, really - looks off-kilter now, somehow.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:44 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Kill the big text, I can't STAND it! *cries* And I liked having the stuff along the right side, it made everything look symetrical.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:51 pm
View Likes
Poltergiest says...

If it makes any differance I think the bid=gger type makes it harder to read the stuff. I am new here and I only saw the small type for one day until you changed it so...
I also kinda liked the stuff on the right, I'm with Gyr!!! It makes it look symetrical!!! :D
Anyway, please change it back! :cry:
Please!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

My that was a bit accesive!

Wait... and for some reason I can't access the "View more emoticons" screen, probably nothing. But then I can't put on my dancing elephant!!!

The humanity!!! :o :o :o
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:06 pm
tinny says...

It surprised me when I first saw it, it made me think that my computer was going strange things again, sometimes it plays with the font size. But it made me eyes hurt with the large font. I prefer the previous one.

I'm with the others, it looks uneven and unbalanced, it was better symmetrical.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:23 pm
Nate says...

Nevermind then. I'll figure something else out.

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues