z

Young Writers Society

New YWS Design & New Resources Section

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu May 10, 2007 3:55 am
Meshugenah says...

hmm. On firefox, everything is fine.

IE7: the headers are messy when you view a thread (any thread).

On both, when not logged in, the "blogs" link at the top drop-down menu is behind the log-in button at the top. And whoa! Bobo's name appears a really funny orange color under the birthday list! It looks good on him, don't it :P

I'll use IE tomorrow when I log-in, and see what happens, too. That's all I saw with a quick glance as a guest.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 10, 2007 4:06 am
Emerson says...

Just tried it on ei6 (like genah I'm a regular mozilla user...) the top bar-thing looks funny.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 10, 2007 4:06 am
Nate says...

haha, I noticed that about Bobo. I have no idea why he's orange in the birthday list.

Yep, the login flash thingie does need to be moved somewhere else, and I'll have to check everything on IE7. Fortunately, 3/4 of the members use either Firefox or IE7 so the problem in IE6 shouldn't be major.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat May 12, 2007 6:54 pm
Meshugenah says...

Don't know if this appears on IE6/7 or Firefox, but when I use Safari, there's this dashed line down the side of all the index pages, between the side box and the centre box on the left side. I can't check FF or IE right now, since the PC is being monoploized at the moment, but has anyone else seen this? Any other mac (excuse the expression) users find that problem? Probably not a big deal, but it looks funny :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2007 7:04 pm
Emerson says...

I've got the same thing on FF.

And on IE 6 it looks like this:

Even weirder, eh?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

425 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2007 11:01 pm
Nate says...

I just added the green dash marks earlier today as I way of experimenting around. Just got rid of them since IE doesn't abide by the same parameters as FF for this stuff.

2058 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2007 1:08 am
Emerson says...

Now I'm noticing that in the "Recent posts" area the font where the topic is listed is larger, possible set to bold? I dunno. But it makes it freaky to look at.

425 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2007 1:18 am
Nate says...

Claudette wrote:Now I'm noticing that in the "Recent posts" area the font where the topic is listed is larger, possible set to bold? I dunno. But it makes it freaky to look at.

I'll work on that. I'm trying to make the forum names more noticeable & more attractive to the eye.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun May 13, 2007 1:21 am
Insomnia says...

I get the same thing when I look up My Portfolio (if that's what it's called). The title seems to be biger than the rest. Probably meantto be like that lol.

2058 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Emerson says...

Everyone already knows this is happening but I feel like wasting my time, and so, I'm posting about it.

Usernames. Some of the normal members are bold, others are not. Some mentors are orange, are they that weird purple color anymore?

But like I said: I'm just wasting my own time by pointing this out...

2058 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 8:23 pm
Emerson says...

other bugs I caught....

I advertised YWS on another forum and someone said:

I've tried to register to YWS but it tells me:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 auth failure

I also received the same error while trying to PM someone.... I'm not sure if the PM went through like before though.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss