z

Young Writers Society

New Post Function Coming Soon

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:29 am
Nate says...

One of the things I hate when posting is that I have to write the entire post out when I already have the entire thing written in my head. It's frustrating because my fingers can't keep up with my head, so I always skip over certain words (articles such as 'the' and 'a' are the most common skipper-overs).

Anyways, I've been working on correcting this for some time, and I think I have it mostly done now. It's advanced, and I am quite proud of it; though it was easier to code than one might think. Already have it working to an extent on the test forum, so I'll be moving it over here in the next couple weeks.

What it is is a button that you can press to make YWS automatically pick up your thoughts then the program transcribes them onto the screen. It's very cool, and extremely nifty. It also turns a post that would take forever to write to just a one second task. Just been having trouble making sure the grammar is right, and also making sure not everything you're thinking about gets transcribed. But, that's not too big of a deal and I'm not worried about it. Just make sure you read over the post before submitting!

Man I wish I didn't miss April Fools...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 am
Jiggity says...

LOL.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 am
bubblewrapped says...

Yes. And the carrots over there also know what I am thinking! ... it's creepy ;)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:16 am
Snoink says...

Sex.

Oh crap...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:21 am
Nate says...

You see Snoink? That is why you need to read over what the program transcribes for you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 pm
Emerson says...

lol

[s]Don't trust him anyone! This is part of Big Brothers plan to get in your mind and brain wash you![/s]....wait... I'm a Junior Mod... I'm kind of in big brother....

This is the best idea ever!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:24 pm
Dream Deep says...

You've got entirely too much time on your hands, Nate. ^_^

[s]*looks askance at Till, the traitor working for Big Brother, and backs away*[/s]

Er, I mean... *looks hunted*

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:30 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

Snoink beat me to my joke. :(

(must kill pigs; revenge)
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 pm
McMourning says...

lol

Yep....looking over it is a good idea.
Last edited by McMourning on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:28 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I think I'll wait for a few updates on it, to get rid of the bugs, before I start using it. XD
ohmeohmy

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:33 pm
Cassandra says...

XD

[s]You had me going there in the beginning[/s] I didn't believe one word of it. O.o

:D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle