z

Young Writers Society

Want To Help With Squills?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:53 am
Nate says...

Squills is the monthly e-zine, containing tips on writing and general interest articles, of the Young Writers Society. At the moment, it's pretty small, but I'm looking to expand it. In order to that, however, I need other people who are able to devote some time working on Squills. Positions I'm looking to fill are:

[s]- Monthly Columnist (column must be specific, but it can be related to just about anything)[/s]
- Copy Editors (I really need people to go through and edit Squills)
- Graphic Artist
- Comic Strip Artist
- Game Maker (crossword puzzles, sudoku, word jumble, etc.)

If you wish to apply for any of these, please PM me. Also, please include a sample (except if applying for copy editor). Note that I am not looking for many people, so positions are limited and your application may be rejected. If that happens, I will PM you letting you know!

Just so that you know, here is the number of people I'm looking for:

[s]- Two Columnists (Could be three)[/s]
- Four Copy Editors
- One Graphic Artist
- Two Comic Strip Artists
- One Game Maker

If you are accepted in any of the above positions, you will be automatically placed on the editorial board for Squills. Depending on how things go (it largely depends on the volume of submissions), more positions may open up in the future.

AND NOTE THAT ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS FOR SQUILLS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
Last edited by Nate on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:36 pm
Nate says...

Also, I am going to be closing the application process on January 13th. Be sure to get yours in early because I'm already dishing out positions!

Update: Columnists have been selected. More may be added in the future, and you can always, always submit articles to Squills.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:30 am
Fand says...

-EDIT-
Last edited by Fand on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:42 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I could go through and edit mistakes and such.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:46 am
Emerson says...

Then PM him, you goofs. I'm a Column writer. :-D Give me ideas for a column! *beats with revolver*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg