z

Young Writers Society

Design Changes? And Other Suggestions For YWS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:54 pm
Nate says...

In a week, my two weeks vacation begins, during which I'll have a lot of free time. So, I'm making a list of things to update/add to YWS. If you can think of anything that needs to be done to YWS, or you would like to see, let me know here. :P

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 pm
Emerson says...

Cassandra wrote:From the Comments/Suggestions thread:

Cassandra wrote:Is it possible to put something like "Last 100 Posts" on the site, like there was on TSR? I mean, I love the "View Posts Since Last Visit": I use it whenever I come on the site. But if you come onto the site and close the window by mistake (you have no idea how many times I do this), there's no way for you to see all those posts when you go back on. So yeah. I don't know if that's even possible on this site, and if not that's okay, but I was just wondering. Very Happy

David Guinness wrote:Nate- if you accidentally close your browser or hit "back", and then come back to YWS, the Posts Since Last Visit cache is reset, so you can't look at a list of the earlier posts.

Very Happy

This is from another design change thread from a while back.

I've been getting annoyed about this more and more, because YWS is my homepage, and if I don't check the posts and close, I might have missed last nights (or in some cases, 3 days worth) or posts, and I hate that...

So, anything that would fix this, or improve on it, would be lovely!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:41 am
Via says...

Maybe we could add a section for Children's Literature? :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:11 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Blog news annoys me because I feel people only read my latest entries...
I suppose if they are regular readers, then it's okay...I dunno, just a thought.

It's one in the morning. >.<
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am
Jennafina says...

Profile views? Those were fun. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2058 Reviews

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:16 am
Emerson says...

Profile views? That does sound like a good idea... I must not have been around when they were used.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:29 am
Sam says...

I liked having the Squills posts on the front page- whatever happened to that?

Hmm...If I think of anything else, I'll tell you. Thanks, Nate!

EDIT: Maybe a 'to critique' list, where you put things that you want to read later in it? That'd help the 'posts since last visit' problem, since you'd put the things you thought were interesting onto the list, hopefully before your computer freezes up...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:37 am
Snoink says...

It would be nice for the "recent posts" link to display stories that are rated R. It's always interesting clicking on an interesting title and being bombarded with swearing. O_o
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:40 am
deleted6 says...

It just an idea as well as spelling cow why not have a Thesauraus. :).
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 am
Cassandra says...

Sam wrote:EDIT: Maybe a 'to critique' list, where you put things that you want to read later in it? That'd help the 'posts since last visit' problem, since you'd put the things you thought were interesting onto the list, hopefully before your computer freezes up...

Oooh, I like that idea. I REALLY like that idea....
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:03 pm
Emerson says...

I'm thirding that "To Critique" list. Almost like a 'watch this topic for replies' except it saves a list?

That would be so helpful for me! Because I always have things I want to critique, but don't have time. And when I go back, I forget where they are! It would certainly keep a critiquer like me (I have been slacking since the 10 thing...) on my toes.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm
Poor Imp says...

If possible, I fourth the 'to critique' list sort of thing. Whether it were stories without any responses yet, or ones you select yourself...'twould be useful.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 am
Chandni says...

The Critique Idea is indeed very neat :)

I'm using the YWS-Dark version and everytime there is something quoted I'll have to highlight it with my mouse to read it, since it appears "blank"

-not really a problem-
But It would be neat if that could be fixed ;)
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:06 am
Wiggy says...

That critique idea is sweeeet. I fifth it. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:04 am
Myth says...

And I sixth it.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper