z

Young Writers Society

Holidays Theme

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 pm
Nate says...

It's that time of year again when everyone begins celebrating the holidays, whether that be Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, Shopping, etc. (and sometimes, all of them!). Didn't feel like it was the season yet, but I saw the Festival of Lights over at the Mormon Temple in Kensington, MD yesterday, and they were great. Still feels a bit too warm here in DC (it's been oscillating between way below average and way above average for all of November), but temperatures are plunging this weekend, so maybe it'll start feeling more like winter to me here soon. And if you're in Calgary, my best wishes to you!

So in any case, got a winter background up now that'll be in place until the new year, and I'll be messing around with the logo soon. Let me know what you think!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:05 pm
Myth says...

I love the light blue colour with the snowflakes! You're the greatset, Nate :D :) 8) :lol: :P :wink: :mrgreen: :elephant:
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:02 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm liking the background ... not bound to any one festival people may be celebrating, but just wintery!

It's been on and off cold near me too. Some days it's freezing, and then there's days like today when it was actually quite warm.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:18 pm
Shine says...

Hey Nate!
First of all u are in a great mood that is signified by ur lovely avatar.

I love snowflakes!Background is cool,with that colour on it.
Eager to see the messy logo.lol.

Its already chilly here in India,so winter is already here.

U are great big bro!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:03 pm
Emerson says...

I don't like holidays...

It's pretty warm here (for today) In Missouri, if you don't like the weather today, wait one more day.

It's 71 F right now, And it is supposed to drop to 20 degrees Thursday night and snow. Yep, thats MO for you.

Nice background :-D
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:38 pm
Cassandra says...

Meh. It's been way too warm here...in the fifties and stuff...it's almost December! There should be snow! I want a snow day! *begins to chant*

Ahem.

Back on topic. Loving the background--probably my favorite yet, Nate. Nice work. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 pm
Chandni says...

The background is not to be seen by me, since I'm using YWS Dark, but I've seen, and it is wintery :) Brings the cold al the way to the tropics lol

Nice going, Nate :)
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:53 am
Mr. Everyone says...

=( Jahova's witness lol but I love it.
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan