z

Young Writers Society

The Time Bug And Why The Boards Were Messed Up

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:20 am
Nate says...

I tried making this post yesterday, but the boards wouldn't let me saying that I couldn't make a post so soon after my last, even though my last was over six hours ago.

What happened is for one reason or another, the hosting provider screwed up and set the clock on the server twelve hours ahead. The problem was fixed within two hours, but anybody who made a post between 4:30 pm GMT and 6:30 pm GMT could not make another post until 6:30 am GMT today. Also, in many threads, a reply to a post may have shown up before the post that you were replying to.

In any case, it's all resolved now and, personally, I thought it was absolutely hilarious ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:23 am
deleted6 says...

Hey Nate just wondering why does a error come up in some parts of the sites when i try to see them even though i'm on Firefox been wondering about it for a while.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:27 am
Firestarter says...

It wasn't funny because I couldn't post :P

Thought the dates somewhere had screwed up ...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Siegfried wrote:Hey Nate just wondering why does a error come up in some parts of the sites when i try to see them even though i'm on Firefox been wondering about it for a while.

That post goes in either the YWS 3.0 bugs thread or in a PM.
So PM me explaining exactly what you mean 'cause I'm not psychic and I have no clue what you mean when you say "error." However, I use Firefox too and have no problems.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:04 pm
backgroundbob says...

I'm with Jack XD accursed bugs, squish 'em!

Alas for my poor post count!
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos