Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:27 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

May Day Review Day 2016!

Starts on
* Automatically adjusted to your local time

What is a Review Day?
Usually on the last Sunday of every month (this time the first Sunday of the month!), we review as many works as possible with the aim of completely clearing out the Green Room! We also have a goal each month, and this month's goal is 400 reviews. Last but not least, during a Review Day, no new works can be added.

But wait, there's more! Review Teams!
In addition, you can optionally choose to participate on a team. There's three of them, and you sign up by clicking the red "Join a review team" button on the front page (starting about 72 hours before the Review Day starts). The teams compete based on how many collective points they earn. This means that the winning team is not necessarily the team with the most reviews!

Quality > Quantity
Always remember, it's better to write one good review than to write 4 quick reviews. Not only will you earn more points, but you'll be more helpful as well!

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:16 pm
Jyva says...

>Quality > Quantity
Always remember, it's better to write one good review than to write 4 quick reviews. Not only will you earn more points, but you'll be more helpful as well!

if im right in assuming the site rules haven't changed, a 7000-word review will get the same amount of points as a 100-word one, right?
:)

485 Reviews

Reviews: 485
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 pm
Elijah says...

7 000 words may not give 700 points but 100 words are not even an review.
Last edited by Elijah on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be ready to bear darkness as you take that one step closer.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:55 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@Jyva and @GreatKing - You're both kind of wrong - I think you're confusing characters with words. YWS calculates review points based on characters, not words.

The maximum points is 100 (unless you review a Green Room work - then you get an extra 25 points), and you reach that if you've done a 1000 character review, which would be about 250 words. I may be wrong about this, but I think the lowest amount that counts as a review is 200 characters, or about 50 words, which would get you 20 points. (Again though, I may be wrong about the minimum.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:03 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

To add to what Meandbooks said, it's just plain more helpful to give more in-depth reviews. The point of Review Day, in the end, isn't really who wins or who did the most reviews numerically—the point of Review Day is helping the people whose works you review.
stay off the faerie paths

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon May 02, 2016 2:13 pm
lyssiekins says...

Do you still do a free new works day before the review days?
Life is a souvenir for the best thing you have ever done or will ever do - me

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon May 02, 2016 10:45 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

@lyssiekins We haven't had one in a long time since the Green Room has been so full. I highly doubt we will again until the Green Room is emptier.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe