z

Young Writers Society

YWS Downtime April 5, 2016

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The Young Writers Society was briefly down today, April 5, 2016, from about 5:00pm GMT to 7:00pm GMT. The downtime was related to a server software upgrade earlier today that caused the cache to fail.

If you experience any errors, please let me know asap. This includes the white page of death error that many of you experienced earlier today before I redirected the site to an error page.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:31 pm
deleted5 says...

Someone else mentioned this in chat but when you click on a link to someone else's profile it will redirect you to the front page instead.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 pm
View Likes
Morrigan says...

Nate, you're a wizard.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@AlexSushiDog ->> The error should now be fixed, although it may require clearing the browser's cache to fully resolve.

@Morrigan ->> Haha, I wish.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:46 pm
deleted5 says...

Works perfectly, thank you!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:45 am
Meshugenah says...

On thread pages, the "like" button for posts takes longer to load on some posts, and in others I can view likes, but I can see part of a "504" error where the button should be. When it's not loaded yet, it's white space, and then the button either appears or the 504 error appears.

I've only noticed it so far in the NaPo section, but that's also the only place I've really poked around since the site was down earlier. It's very inconsistent, and doesn't happen on every thread, and I can't seem to replicate it on any given thread (i.e. it did it maybe 20 minutes ago on a post in Heather's napo thread, but now everything loads perfectly).

Leaving here rather than report a bug since it's only happened since everything went down earlier! I'll move it if you want ^^
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:29 am
micamouth says...

Not sure if this was happening before the error, but in wall posts when you insert a URL rather than using bbcode, it disappears when the wall post is submitted.
formerly Sagitta

425 Reviews

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Meshugenah ->> The 504 error is a timeout error, so I'm guessing what happened was a temporary network connectivity error. I know that Cloudflare (YWS' DNS provider) has been doing some network upgrades in the past week and it's already caused some issues, so it may be related to that. Still, if it happens again, definitely let me know!

P.s. Giants are looking good so far this year! That was a blowout against the Brewers.

@Sagitta ->> Could you send me the url you were trying to submit?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:45 pm
micamouth says...

@Nate it's just general URLs. Even the URL to this thread, which is strange.
formerly Sagitta

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman