z

Young Writers Society

The November 14 Birthday Radio Show!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:15 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Nearly 11 years ago, I was bored one Sunday and created the Young Writers Society. On November 14, we will be celebrating the 11th anniversary of that boredom with an hour-long online radio show!

When
Start Time:
End Time:

Where
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yws

What
It's been a while since we've done a radio show, so here's how it normally goes:

First, to listen to the show, just follow the link above. You can also sign up for email alerts through blogtalkradio as well. Don't worry about remembering the url though! A link to the show will be prominently displayed on YWS starting about 15 minutes before show time. Just be on YWS at the times above, and you'll have no issue listening in.

During the show, join everyone in the YWS chat room for virtual coffee, tea, and powdered donuts while you listen to me, your host, jabber awkwardly as I produce air vibrations using just my mouth and tongue. I'll most likely say a few stupid things first before playing the first song. During each radio show, a selection of royalty-free, indie music is featured.

After the first song plays, I'll be taking call-ins (call-in number will be available at the start of the show), and anyone can call-in to do a shout-out, read a poem, play a song, or whatever. Even if all you do is call-in and punch boxes, the listeners will thank you for saving them from having to listen to my vibrations of air. If you're worried about sounding awkward or being nervous -- don't be. I am infinitely more awkward.

By the way, in the past, we have had people do all of the above, including playing a song. If you would like to read a poem or play something but rather not do it live, just send me a recording at nate@youngwriterssociety.com.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:17 pm
Elinor says...

Eee!

I'm marking my calendar!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...

What's wrong with 'Mumford and sons' though? ;_;

Good luck, guys! <3
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

*marks calendar at the speed of sound*
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Dreamy wrote:What's wrong with 'Mumford and sons' though? ;_;

Good luck, guys! <3

Haha, nothing. I updated the topic before you posted this comment, but I was just distinguishing between what most people would call indie music and the type of indie music that will be played during the radio show.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm
Demeter says...

This is at 1:30 am for me, so will have to pass. :( I'll listen to it later, though.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:08 pm
Pretzelstick says...

*bookmarks this thread*
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:07 pm
Mea says...

*marks calendar*
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 pm
SkyeWalker says...

OOH! Yes! :D I will probably be there! :D I'm so excited XD Maybe I'll do something. Idk.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:15 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

Wow, something's actually happening at a reasonable time of day for me! Will definitely be tuning in!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:12 pm
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

Thank you for this special gift. I will treasure it always.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:22 am
View Likes
passenger says...

November 14th is my birthday >.> Wait...does that mean YWS and I have the same birthday?? o.o

*is amazed* *is dumbfounded*
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Stori says...

That's cool- Mom has a birthday just before you, Savvy. o.O

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:18 pm
ongoeslife says...

I have to work at that time =( Dang it! (This is assuming that the time listed is automatically translated for each timezone?)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:25 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

It is @ongoeslife . Its 5 am tomorrow morning for me. I'm gonna have to wake up early. I definitely do not wanna miss this, however torturous waking up at 5am will be...

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster