z

Young Writers Society

New Profile Privacy Settings

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 am
Nate says...

New profile privacy settings have now been added. To access the privacy settings go to the Settings Dashboard (gear icon) ->> Profile ->> Edit Privacy, or click on 'Edit Privacy' in the sidebar of the main page of the people tab.

You can choose to restrict access to just your status updates, or to your entire profile. Blocking users from status updates means they won't be able to access your Wall at all. Blocking access to your profile means guests will get a "Profile does not exist" message and registered members will get a "This profile is set to hidden" message.

Special Notes:

- The privacy settings only apply to your profile. They do not apply to forum posts, or literary works. To restrict access to your blog, go to Blogs ->> Edit My Blog Settings.

- You cannot block a moderator, but they will see a message about the block asking them to respect it.

- If you set your profile access level to 'Following', registered users will still be able to see your status updates via the main page of the People tab.

If you have any questions, just ask!

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)