z

Young Writers Society

Oops

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:48 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The Young Writers Society was unavailable for several hours on August 8, 2015 due to an outdated SSL certificate. I had forgotten that it expired on August 8!

My apologies for the downtime, and everything should be good to go now. As a bonus, YWS' new SSL certificate is using SHA-2 encryption, which is a stronger form of encryption than what YWS was using before (SHA-1).

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:55 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

nate, it is my duty as a member of this fine site to say. Nate! Ya dun goofed!

....that is all
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

425 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:59 pm
Nate says...

Hardy har har @Verser ;)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:01 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Losing a few hours of YWS is better than losing it forever. Thanks Nate! :elephant:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:39 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

I totally do not have the urge to write a poem about this. Even now I can see the title "The Great Blackout of double 08". :)
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:50 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

CandyWizard wrote:I totally do not have the urge to write a poem about this. Even now I can see the title "The Great Blackout of double 08". :)

Why does that actually sound like a good Bond movie?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:20 pm
Virgil says...

Don't forget next tiem T_T

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:02 pm
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

You had the perfect chance to blame ISIS, and ya blew it. You're going to have to work harder for my vote this year.

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:36 pm
carbonCore says...

Surprised you're using Comodo. We've had a miserable experience with those guys. Both times we bought a certificate from them, we had to call them to complete the transaction. 2015, yo.

Ever heard of Startcom? Their certificate issuing process is fully automated, and non-wildcard certs are free!
_

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 am
View Likes
Nate says...

The actual SSL cert installed on the server is Startcom -- I agree, they're great. Free, fast, and reliable!

The Comodo SSL cert is the one issued by Cloudflare. So between the client and Cloudflare, the Comodo one is in effect, and then in between Cloudflare and the server, the Startcom cert is in effect.

I was really hoping that https://letsencrypt.org/ would be ready by now though. Will probably switch to it anyways once it's available to the public. Being able to update and install an SSL cert using only the command line would be great.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn