z

Young Writers Society

Submission Call! October 2006 Newsletter

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm
Nate says...

Newsletters are going to start coming out every month again. These newsletters go out to over 1,200 people (growing by 100+ a month), so if you would like an article published in it, just send it to webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com. However, if your article contains foul language, even for literary purposes, it will be rejected.

I'm looking for the following:
- Book reviews
- Writing/Grammar Tips
- News stories (opinion columns will be rejected)
- Satire

Poems and flash fiction are okay as well. However, only one of each will be accepted.

Your submission should also follow the following criteria:
- 500 words is the maximum length. There is no minimum length.
- If you can, please send it as a .doc or .txt file (preferably .doc). If you paste it into the body of the e-mail, there can be problems with character encoding.

I'm also looking to have a classified section for stuff such as people looking for penpals (YWS has members from Tehran to Washington, DC), birthday announcements, website announcements, and even announcements to just announce you got your Eagle, Valedictorian, First Place in Cross-Country, finished your novel, etc., etc., etc.

LEGAL STUFF

When you submit an article, you still own all rights in perputity to that article. However, by submitting, you are allowing YWS to use that article in the newsletter. The article will only be published once, after which it cannot be published again without your explicit permission. If your article is not published in the month you submitted it for, then it cannot be published in any future newsletters without your explicit permission. If you have any questions, please PM me or e-mail me at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com.

425 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Nate says...

Just a reminder, if you want something to go in the October newsletter, you must get it to me by October 14th. The newsletter will be going out on October 15th.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:15 pm
backgroundbob says...

What happened to the September NL? Am I just not on the mailing list, or did it not manage to make it out?
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

425 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:37 pm
Nate says...

Not sure why you didn't received since you are on the mailing list, but there was an error half way through. It affected about 100 users, and you may have been one of those 100.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:47 pm
backgroundbob says...

That's cool, I know all about errors! Any way I can get ahold of it to read?
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

425 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:22 pm
Nate says...

Yep, it's posted in The Lounge.

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:01 am
Nate says...

Last call! Any submissions must be in by Saturday at the very latest. Please check first post for guidelines.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:42 am
Wiggy says...

I'm too late *blushes*...I'll totally read it though! I didn't get the newsletter either, although I'm not sure why. Guess Bob and I are the rejects...*sniffles*

:D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:26 pm
Nate says...

writingluver5 wrote:I'm too late *blushes*...I'll totally read it though! I didn't get the newsletter either, although I'm not sure why. Guess Bob and I are the rejects...*sniffles*

:D

Wiggy ;)

There were no errors sending it out this time, so check the e-mail address you supplied in your profile. It's in The Lounge though.

The next newsletter will be going out on November 15th (I'm liking the whole ides thing), so you can still get something in that one.

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz