z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Literary Journal 2015

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:59 pm
rainforest says...

Cole wrote:A 13+ rating isn't very clear. Are there any specific content restrictions (i.e. language, sex, violence, etc.)?

There shouldn't be any of content like that.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:04 am
Rosendorn says...

@Cole Do the content rating guidelines clear anything up?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 am
Cole says...

A little. So basically aim for somewhere in between +12 and +16 and I'll be good? (But no +18, right?)

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:05 am
Rosendorn says...

That sounds about right.

We've had some dark stories in the lit journal before (I don't know if we'll be accepting stories as dark as murder again, though), so between 12+ and 16+ should be fine!

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:18 am
RainbowPowerPonies says...

um... it wasn't clear HOW TO SUBMIT... which i think is kind of important... :D So WHERE do we submit? I really don't understand this... :)
In A Land Far Far Away: CrystalPony21
Meanwhile In Another Kingdom: PonyzandPokez
Happily Ever After: RainbowPowerPonies
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1742
Turn your wounds into wisdom. Oprah Winfrey

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:39 am
EscaSkye says...

RainbowPowerPonies wrote:um... it wasn't clear HOW TO SUBMIT... which i think is kind of important... :D So WHERE do we submit? I really don't understand this... :)

I believe they'll state how once February 1 comes around, since that's the first day of submissions. I think Rosendorn addressed this before.
Not anymore.

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 am
Rosendorn says...

@RainbowPowerPonies The first post, under "how to submit", states:

We will begin accepting submissions on February 1, 2015, and will continue to do so through March 31.

Once February 1st rolls around, there will be more details available along with the open submission forum. As of now, we're not accepting submissions, so we don't have any place for you to submit.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:12 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Do we tag our work with something or send it to a certain someone when we submit?
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:28 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

@TinyJarStoredDreams

A forum for entering in your submissions will be available February 1st

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:25 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

For those of you who are eager to start writing, nothing is stopping you. Write your short story and/or poem - the sooner it's done, the more time you have to improve on it before you submit it. However, if you want the details, just wait seven or eight more days - all will be revealed then. If not, then you can fire away with the questions. ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It'd actually be better for you to start writing and editing now; you have all the guidelines required and the competition for the literary journal is always very stiff. For the first two journals, only a quarter of work was accepted. For the last journal, I believe only 10% was!

This is, after all, a literary journal with a limited thickness. We cannot publish everything. Take the time to make sure the story is as good as you can physically make it to give yourself the best shot at actually getting published.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 pm
RainbowPowerPonies says...

Rosendorn wrote:@RainbowPowerPonies The first post, under "how to submit", states:

We will begin accepting submissions on February 1, 2015, and will continue to do so through March 31.

Once February 1st rolls around, there will be more details available along with the open submission forum. As of now, we're not accepting submissions, so we don't have any place for you to submit.

@Rosendorn
Thank you for the clarification
In A Land Far Far Away: CrystalPony21
Meanwhile In Another Kingdom: PonyzandPokez
Happily Ever After: RainbowPowerPonies
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1742
Turn your wounds into wisdom. Oprah Winfrey

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:34 am
WritingWolf says...

So I am interested in being and editor, all it says is to send an email. Is there anything in particular I need to tell them? (YWS username, experience with this kind of thing, ect.) Or do I just have to tell them I want to be an editor? How does it work?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

1272 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:39 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I sent in username, time I've been a member, and preferred category for editing+ why I want the position.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 pm
WritingWolf says...

About how long do you expect it to take before someone gets emailed back about whether or not they're accepted as an editor?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage