z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Literary Journal 2015

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:43 am
WritingWolf says...

Oh, also, is there a minimum word count for short stories?

I don't see why there would be, other then the fact that it can be hard to get a complete story in too few words. I have one short that's just over one thousand words. It's designed to be told similarly to a old fairy-tale or folk-tale so the shortness works to my advantage.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:49 am
Rosendorn says...

@WritingWolf

I heard back pretty quickly. We could have gotten quite a lot of applications, applications might be closed, or Nate might be super busy.

As for your second question, you'll find out tomorrow when the information goes up!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:50 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Sorry @WritingWolf -- it's been a busy week for me and I haven't had time yet to go over applications. I will however definitely respond tomorrow.

To all ->> Submissions will begin on February 1, although the exact time will of course differ according to where you live. At the moment, I'm aiming to open submissions as soon as it turns February 1 in London. I just have a few more things I need to do before then.

Once submissions open, there'll be a mass private message about it, so you'll definitely know all about it! A link will also be provided through the front page.

If you're interested in how submissions will be handled, you can see a draft of the literary journal website here:
YWS Journal Website

The above website is a draft -- many of the pages just contain a default text. Nonetheless, it should be illustrative of how submissions will be done.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:07 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Submissions are open! All further questions should be done through the website, and we are no longer accepting applications for editors.

YWS Journal Website

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest