z

Young Writers Society

WriterFeedPad Will Be Unavailable On January 12

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 am
View Likes
Nate says...

On January 12, WriterFeedPad will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance. I will be updating the program used to run it, Etherpad, to the latest available version. This update will make it possible to install a few new features, such as printing and spell-check. It should also make it work better on mobile devices.

Edit

Unfortunately, the update was no good. Please see my post just below for details.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:17 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Thanks for the heads up.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

425 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:54 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Unfortunately, the upgrade was no good.

As stated above, WFP runs using a program called Etherpad. There are two main versions of Etherpad: the old one, which WFP uses and hasn't been updated in 3 years, and the new one (called Etherpad Lite). Etherpad Lite comes with lots of neat features, and I was able to install it. Unfortunately, it failed in one very big way: it has zero support for private pads, and the user management system that was available was very different from the one we're used to. That is, it's not designed for individual user accounts at all. Switching to it would've been awful.

So, WFP is sticking with the old version of Etherpad, which is lacking in features but has a great user management system. Still, I was able to upgrade it to a slightly less old version, which has support for full screen windows (you'll see the option in the upper right hand corner). That will at least provide better support for mobile devices.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:29 am
TimmyJake says...

I like the updates! Especially since I can change to so many colors. Since I never had the spell check and the printing option, I didn't miss it. xD
Thanks for doing this update, Nate. I like it.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:37 am
ThereseCricket says...

Thank you for the updates, Nate! They are suuuper. I love them. <3
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

425 Reviews

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:43 am
View Likes
Nate says...

After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get exporting of pads to work, which will in turn allow you to print a pad.

So to print, go to Import / Export in the top bar, then click on any of the options available. In the past, only text and html worked, but you can now export to Word, PDF, and LibreOffice as well. Save the document to your computer, and then print.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 am
Amnesia says...

It has my color on it finally :) Thanks Nate <3
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence