z

Young Writers Society

Get your Pens Ready for 2015!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:29 am
View Likes
Big Brother says...

Announcing #15in15, A New Motivation to Write in the New Year!

2014 is coming to a close and 2015 is upon us, which means many of us make a vow to change our ways in a New Year’s Resolution. This being a writing site, we imagine many of you are planning to write more in 2015, so we decided to help!

In fact, we’re making the resolution for you: write 15 minutes a day every day. That’s it. So simple, yet it establishes a habit that will make you a better writer. The more you write, the more you’ll improve!

Starting January 1, share what you wrote in a status with the hashtag #15in15. You don't have to publish it, just tell us what you wrote. For example "Today I wrote a scene in my novel" or "Today I wrote about how much I hate snow" or "Today I used the Random Story Generator to give me ideas". It doesn’t matter what you write, just keep writing!

Everyone who participates will get a badge, with special badges for those who log the most consecutive days and the most days in a month. There will also be a badge for when we reach 100 statuses!

Stay tuned in February for a contest where you can submit your best work from your January efforts!

The badge designs so far
Spoiler! :
Participation (Bronze=1-10 days, Silver=11-20 days, Gold=21+ days)
ImageImageImage
Hot streak (for the longest consecutive streak in a month)
“31 Club” for those who write every day in January

But I don’t know what to write about!
Sometimes it’s not easy to figure out what to write about. If you have 15 free minutes but no inspiration, check out some of these prompts and challenges from YWS and Writing Gooder!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:01 am
View Likes
Burrow says...

Thanks for the support to write!
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:04 am
SirenCymbaline says...

I could get a Mako badge? I should try this. For the Mako badge.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:19 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

I am in this contest and would like to report that I have written the beginning of my short story entitled The Baby Doll that I will be working on. This is Part 1 that I did today.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 pm
Firepower13 says...

I'll be in this contest.
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:50 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

All you have to do to be a part of it is write, post statuses and keep in mind to always include #15in15 at the end of it ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:46 am
Masquerade says...

Jumping on this bus a week late, but MAKO BADGE YES PLEASE.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:24 am
BrumalHunter says...

I just want to make sure, does it still count if you mention the things you wrote earlier this month? (Because I added those days' activities to today's report.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Just wondering, when do we get the badges? Is the official #15in15 over or do we continue and get the badges later on?
@Big Brother @AriaAdams
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:39 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

@pretzelsing

Great question--I honestly haven't gotten around to doing the badges yet. Hopefully I can sort that out this weekend.

As for getting badges in future months, I hope we can do that but I'm not really sure. You are encouraged to keep using the tag though. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson