Young Writers Society

The First Ever YWS Hunger Games

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon May 19, 2014 1:14 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Greetings, Panem!

This is the announcement for the first ever YWS Hunger Games. We will be having our very own Hunger Games June 2nd- June 8th.

How will this work, you ask? Well, very simply. Everyone who wants to participate will sign up here. (The deadline for signing up will be June 2nd, but if you want to have a chance to be a tribute, you will have to join before May 30th.) There are four districts, one of which you will be sorted into. While there, you will get the opportunity to select your district's name and mascot. Then, on May the 31st four tributes will be randomly selected from each district. Maybe it'll be you, but maybe not.

If it's not, have no fear! While the tributes from each district are competing for their lives, we'll have plenty of fun events for you to participate in. If it is you, prepare for the most exciting week of your lives. You will go head to head in battles against other tributes to see who the odds really favor.
Not only will the districts be participating in games of their own, they'll also be supporting the tributes. Rooting for the on the side lines, offering help on their submissions for each writing challenge...It's all part of being a good support team!

Here's how it will work-

Spoiler! :
First Half

The Blood Bath- All of the tributes from each district will participate in a writing challenge. They'll each be scored with a 0 being the lowest and the 10 being the highest.
From then on, the four tributes will be split into two teams within the districts. The winners will be announced the same day.
Day One- Team One from each district will take their tribute with the highest score and go head-to-head against other high scorers in another challenge. The top two will go on, while the rest get the terribly hated cannon.
Day Two-The lower scorer from team one will battle it out against the other low scorers. The top two will move on, while the rest rejoin their district.

Second Half

Day Three-The other two tributes (team two) will battle it out just as team one did. First the high scorers will go head to head in a challenge, with only two tributes reigning victorious.
Day Four-The lowest scorer from each district will enter the Arena again to compete against other low scorers in a challenge. The top two pass, the rest are out.
Day Five- Today will be a fun day in which all the tributes (even the ones that have previously received the cannon) can write whatever they want. Only one winner will be announced, but they will not be the winner of the Hunger Games. This is to give all the tributes a rest.

The Final Day

The last day, all the top scorers will come together for one more challenge. The one who achieves the highest score will win and come home a victor. They'll earn a place in YWS' Victor's Village and earn a bunch of fun rewards and prizes. If the two top scorers are from the same district, they both become a Victor.

For more information about what the challenges are, what events will be taking place for the Capitol, check out the calender of events, here. More information will be added the closer we are to the Hunger Games beginning.

All through the week there will be guest judges selected, parachutes dropped in the clubs (bought by the generous Districts), traps and other fun things!

So here's the run down.

When it is- June 2nd- June 8th.
The deadline for signing up-June 2nd.
The deadline for signing up with the opportunity to be chosen as a tribute-May 30th.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

In response to the most recent announcement concerning the first ever Young Writers Society Hunger Games, I, James Hunt, request permission to participate in this legendary event.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Greetings! I have heard tales of a prestigious event called The Hunger Games, and I have decided to give it a shot. I know I may look old and weak, but I still have some fight left in me! I only wish to serve my assigned district to the death (Unless the odds are in my favour, of course)
Yours sincerely,
The Wandering Wizard
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon May 19, 2014 4:12 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Time for the reaping! Hopefully I can fight it out!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon May 19, 2014 10:25 pm
SkyeWalker says...

I would do It, but I am gone to be at camp on the third through the sixth, so… -.-
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Tue May 20, 2014 2:04 am
View Likes
elysian says...

I, Lylas, Have accepted the tedious duty of the challenge. I look forward to participating.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Tue May 20, 2014 2:19 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I am in this. If I am chosen as tribute, may I lead my district to glory!
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Tue May 20, 2014 4:35 am
Willard says...

Count me in.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue May 20, 2014 2:42 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Me too. This looks like great fun. I am so in!

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue May 20, 2014 3:29 pm
ElectraHeart says...

I'm in! Sounds awesome!
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue May 20, 2014 3:32 pm
beeyaay says...

i never knew of anyone volunteering for the Hunger games but like my sister Katnis, I shall participate in this event!
Trendy by Dirah
The Crossroads
Cross your fingers and count to fun

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue May 20, 2014 3:37 pm
thegirlwhowrites says...

I volunteer as tribute for this epic event, may the odds be EVER in your favor!

Wow this is so awesome... I"ve been waiting for this, being a huge hunger games fan myself :)

I'll try my best to bring pride and glory to my district, Real or Not Real?
Real.
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Tue May 20, 2014 3:42 pm
retrodisco666 says...

I, Retrodisco666, will attempt to bring pride to my district and I volunteer in the YWS hunger games.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue May 20, 2014 3:44 pm
notresponsible says...

Sure ill volunteer. Haymitch is the greatest warrior (even as an intoxicated shell of himself).

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue May 20, 2014 3:46 pm
Ibounce says...

This sounds awesome. I'm in.... Though I'll probably fail.

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac