z

Young Writers Society

Reminder & Info: Site Will Be Down For Part Of Sept. 10t

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:59 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

On September 10th, YWS will be switching hosting providers. The switch in and of itself should take no more than a couple hours and I'm going to do it early in the morning (EDT) as that is the least busy time.

What may take some time is for you internet provider to recognize that YWS has moved to a new server. Depending on your quality of service from your internet provider, this coul happen very quickly, and in most cases it occurs within a few hours. However, if your internet service is poor, it could take an entire day, or more. Note that this has nothing to do with your the speed of your internet connection; it has to do with whether you have a competent internet provider or not.

So I can't give you an exact time that YWS will be back up as it will vary, but for the vast majority of people, YWS will be back by 7 pm GMT at the very latest.

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus