z

Young Writers Society

Memories Part 1

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 am
NasaAliir says...

Locked away deep inside my mind is a safe containing the memories of before I turned ten. At that time, I didn't know that when I turned twelve, my life would change before my eyes.

My blue eyes flickered open as I woke from my slumber. I jumped out of my bed and ran into the hallway. My black hair a mess, I sprinted into my mother's bedroom.

"Mom, mom! I'm 12, I'm 12!" I yelled with delight. I could hear her mumbling complaints, but I didn't care.

"I'm finally 12! I finally get to stay up a little later." I thought as my mother sat up and yawned. She saw the grin on my face, and I gave her the biggest hug I could manage.
Nasa loves you!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 am
MikeMoney says...

Even though this is seven seconds long, I'm eager to see what happens next. I mean is something funny gonna happen, scary, happy, sci-fi like, who knows? Well I seen no mistakes in this...short paragraph, so good job.
"If your horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate" - Taylor Swift #Stop Bullying!

Need (Re)views on your work?: page.php?id=1535

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:24 am
NightWriter says...

I loved it, even though, yeah it was short.
I'm interested to see what happens next, but not exactly waiting on the edge of my seat for it. I mean as enthralling as this is, and I quote:

She saw the grin on my face, and I gave her the biggest hug I could manage.

It just doesn't quite do it for me.

Still, you have a nice writer's voice and the earlier sentence:

At that time, I didn't know that when I turned twelve, my life would change before my eyes.

Does almost make up for the lack of excitement towards the end.

Good work :)

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm
NasaAliir says...

Well, this was all I have right now. I still need to come up with a more... interesting plot. I tend to go in the same direction when I write things like this. It ends up being this fake version of Lord of The Rings mixed with... I don't know what. I'm trying to not do that this time, so, next bit won't be up for a while. :)
Nasa loves you!

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind