z

Young Writers Society

Lone Wolf (Edited Version)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 pm
View Likes
alabasterwolveness says...

In the stillness of the night, I creep closer toward the glow. I lick my muzzle. My aching stomach growls louder as I get closer. I can smell the humans sleeping; those humans killed most of my pack. I go into a low growl, slowly pulling up my muzzle to strike at them. Then, I hear a cracking noise in the distance.
Oh no! I thought. The hunters found me! I quickly turn my body, dashing into the woods keeping to the shadows. Farther I run, trying to get away from the chase. A river unfolds in front of me and I am paralyzed. I can only imagine a death by water. I skid to a stop at the river bank, my breath seen in the chilled air as I watch the dark torrents of the river whisper my name. My past quickly flashes before my jade eyes. Back to the days I was only a little pup, and what happened…
I must find a way to get away from the hunters… I think to myself, pulling myself back into the reality of the world. My jade eyes scan the river to find another way to get around it.
Then they are upon me. Their dogs snarl and growl towards me, their eyes hungry for my blood. I back up, snarling and growling back. Showing I wasn’t afraid to kill every single one of them. The hairs on my scruff stand tall as I bend down into a pouncing position to fight for myself if needed.
“Stop! Don’t hurt that wolf!” a tall man comes running up towards the group of hunters. The hunters turn back towards the tall man, their eyes glaring. A sleek and slender man walks towards the one that ran. He slung a gun over his right shoulder, pulling his cap upward to look the man in the eyes.
“Who are you sir? What gives you the right to tell us what to do during our hunting season?” The man with the gun asks towards the other, his eyes disapproving of him.
“I am the person who owns the land you’re on. My name is Jack O’Neal, who in the world are you? ” he said as a boy comes running up beside him. The hunters glare towards Jack, then the one with the gun over his right shoulder speaks harshly.
“Name’s Danny, and this here is Mat and Carl,” Danny says, pointing the other two out as they hold their dogs. I slowly try to sneak away when them but oddly enough their dogs growl. I growl back. Suddenly Jack smacks the dog across its muzzle, stepping in front of it.
“Tell your dogs to back off the wolf!” Jack exclaimed his tone was harsh and angry.
Danny walks in front of Jack, spitting at the ground near Jack’s feet. Jack quickly shoves Danny back; his tone was even harsher as he spoke this time.
“Get off of my land and don’t come after this wolf if she’s on my property, you hear me,” Danny nods, then looks to both Mat and Carl. Danny begins to walk off into the woods; Mat and Carl walk over to the dogs, calling them away from me.
Jack looks over at me happily; his expression was sympathy for me. I turn away slowly; walking along of the edge of the river when all of a sudden the dog comes dashing out striking me in the back of the neck. I shake and buck wildly, trying to break loose of the dogs grip on my scruff.
“Let go of her!” yelled the human cub. He rushes over towards me, pushing the dog into the stone cold water. The young dog got out of the water, shaking violently. Angrily, it attack the helpless human cub, biting his neck deep and pulls back just a bit as the blood began to flow out of the little ones neck.
The little human cub began to scream in pain, tears stream out of his eyes. Quickly Jack runs over to his son, cradling him in his arms tightly as he began to cry as well. I bare my teeth and attack the dog, an unlikely match for a lone wolf.
I tackle the helpless dog, my long fangs gripping its jugular as I shake my head wildly. The dog yelps and whines, almost begging me to let him free. Something inside of me don’t want to, I only shake faster and cause the dog to come to its death.
Danny, Mat, and Carl run over to the dead dog that lies near the river, its blood slowly leaking into the river. Jack glares over towards the three, his eyes showing rage.
“How dare you! Your dog killed my son…” Jack falls to the earth, weeping. His son lay beside him, eyes closed as the blood still spills out of him. Nothing shows a sign of life, his last breath has gone with the wind as well as his soul.
Slowly I crouch backwards into the shadows of the forest, my ebony pelt blending into the dark. As I walk away, I remember how they acted then a thought popped into my head…
Maybe man is not as violent as they seem.
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 am
VampireSenshi says...

This was a very good story. I enjoyed the drama and the action, but could do with alittle more of an introduction. I dont know if you have posted the other parts of this story. But even if that is the case, i would totally read this if it was published...
9/10
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50 pm
PixieStix says...

when I got to the beginning of the story i started crying. WOW. Im such a baby. Although I was inspired my your post. i am not a sucker for these kinds of stories but now i am still keeping that. Im not saying that i dont like your story its just that I am a cry Baby sometimes. Sorry! :(
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King