z

Young Writers Society

A Vampires Kiss

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 pm
View Likes
MysticalBlood says...

So i'm reading this out at a youngwriters exhibition tomorrow... i need a lot of confidence! are there any improvements that can be made? if so your help is appreciated!

Slowly he lowered me to the ground and bent over me and smiled. Stark, the forbidden fruit. I wanted to run but I couldn't, my legs no longer belonged to me. I was his. He revealed his fangs, sharp and deadly, like snakes fangs. He lowered his head and opened his jaw wide enough to bite into the most serious artery in my neck. I couldn't protest. I was helpless to do anything but swallow the pain as he sucked away my life. Frozen like an ice cube I was becoming numb with death. As my body left me, thoughts drifted to my family who I'd never see again. My unborn baby brother. My friends. My life. I imagined being found in this dark alley by someone or maybe nobody. Maybe I'd be reported missing for weeks, months, even years. "Please," I screeched, "Please Stark, no", but his razor sharp teeth dug deep into my tissue paper skin. I was draining dry. Becoming an empty carton with all my juice drunk. My last thoughts would be weak but at least as I looked up into his eyes I knew I'd die seeing whom I had loved, even if it was wrong, even if he had drunk the essence of my life.
Abruptly, Stark pulled away and wiped his month, his eyes still fixed on mine.
"I wouldn't kill you,” he whispered.
I felt dazed; I couldn't see properly… my ears buzzed.
Starks blue eyes kept away the excruciating pain that I knew would at any moment erupted in my neck, like a volcano. Dormant and brewing up inside, ready to explode.
I waited, he paused, then "I can't drain you dry because I love you"
Shock. Pain. Horror. Love. I loved him back. I wanted to say “I love you too”… but I couldn’t. In the moment that had passed while he stared into my eyes, I watched his fangs melt back into his mouth.
"I can give you life", he continued. Then to my horror he stabbed his wrist with a knife, revealing thick, red blood that sparkled like a glistening diamond.
"Open your mouth", he ordered.
Shocked and disoriented I tried to move away, but my physical life was barely possible. I felt my breathing weaken as my heart failed to pump the blood through my empty veins. Stark pressed his wrist to my mouth "Drink damn you. I give you life".
I opened my month and let the blood change from a drip to the flow of a sparkling river of red sunlight. Every nerve in my body prickled and shone with new life. There was no metallic taste as with human blood, only the
sweetness of my lover's nectar bringing back my life. I was a fool to love him. I was a fool to follow him out here in the middle of the night. Stupid idiotic and dumb. I wanted to drink forever, but too soon Stark pulled away. My natural impulse was follow him, stand by him, and I was shocked to find myself standing. My body shaking with a vitality and strength I had only ever imagined. I glanced down at my skin, white as snow, smooth as silk. I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling for knots, but none could be found.
"Welcome to my world", Stark grinned. "You weren't dead for long".

Please review it would be helpful!
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 pm
servant4christ says...

oohhh bone chilling...I like it :) I really appreciate the detail you put in here! Don't hesitate to add more! Descibe your vampire friend a bit more...and your main character. I am interested and I definately want to read more. PM me when you write more please!
Sometimes you've just got to accept the way things are and move on, but not us...

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 am
View Likes
hippie_vampire says...

This was awesome!
I really liked all the detail you put in to this but I do think that it could have used a little more with the people themselves.
I mean maybe not. It is more poetic this way. But it's also good to give some visual.

Anyway, good luck at the exhibition!
“There are many thing people have claimed can not be true and yet nearly all of them have ether been true to begin with or been made true by thous stubborn enough to ignore them.”-Scientist 666 from my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 am
View Likes
KanenRenoir says...

iCarlyfan wrote:So i'm reading this out at a youngwriters exhibition tomorrow... i need a lot of confidence! are there any improvements that can be made? if so your help is appreciated!

Slowlycomma/ he lowered me to the ground and bent over me and smiled. Stark, the forbidden fruit. I wanted to runcomma but I couldn't, my legs no longer belonged to me. I was his. He revealed his fangs, sharp and deadly, like snakes fangs. He lowered his head and opened his jaw wide enough to bite into the most serious artery in my neck. I couldn't protest. I was helpless to do anything but swallow the pain as he sucked away my life. Frozen like an ice cubecomma? I was becoming numb with death. As my body left me, thoughts drifted to my familycomma? who I'd never see again. My unborn baby brother. My friends. My life. I imagined being found in this dark alley by someone or maybe nobody. Maybe I'd be reported missing for weeks, months, even years. I'd start a new paragraph"Please," I screeched,period instead of comma. "Please Stark, no", but his razor sharp teeth dug deep into my tissue paper skin. I was draining dry.instead of a period I'd put just a comma Becoming an empty carton with all my juice drunk. My last thoughts would be weak but at least as I looked up into his eyescomma I knew I'd die seeing whom I had loved, even if it was wrong, even if he had drunk the essence of my life.
Abruptly, Stark pulled away and wiped his month, his eyes still fixed on mine.
"I wouldn't kill you,” he whispered.
I felt dazed; I couldn't see properly… my ears buzzed.
Starks blue eyes kept away the excruciating pain that I knew would at any moment erupted in my neck, like a volcano. Dormant and brewing up inside, ready to explode.
I waited,period? he paused, then "I can't drain you dry because I love you"
Shock. Pain. Horror. Love. I loved him back. I wanted to say “I love you too”… but I couldn’t. In the moment that had passed while he stared into my eyes, I watched his fangs melt back into his mouth.
"I can give you life", he continued. Then to my horror he stabbed his wrist with a knife, revealing thick, red blood that sparkled like a glistening diamond.
"Open your mouth", he ordered.
Shocked and disoriented I tried to move away, but my physical life was barely possible. I felt my breathing weaken as my heart failed to pump the blood through my empty veins. Stark pressed his wrist to my mouth "Drink damn you. I give you life".
I opened my month and let the blood change from a drip to the flow of a sparkling river of red sunlight. Every nerve in my body prickled and shone with new life. There was no metallic taste as with human blood, only the
sweetness of my lover's nectar bringing back my life. I was a fool to love him. I was a fool to follow him out here in the middle of the night. Stupid idiotic and dumb. I wanted to drink forever, but too soon Stark pulled away. My natural impulse was follow him, stand by him, and I was shocked to find myself standing. My body shaking with a vitality and strength I had only ever imagined. I glanced down at my skin, white as snow, smooth as silk. I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling for knots, but none could be found.
"Welcome to my world", Stark grinned. "You weren't dead for long".

Please review it would be helpful!

I loved it. There were some errors but overall it was amazing. I certainly hope that you'll post more. It was a great read.
Men's reach should exceed the stars... else, what's a heaven for?

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am
MysticalBlood says...

what is a 'period'? it's been bothering me for ages and thanks for the help!
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:01 pm
View Likes
KanenRenoir says...

An end to a sentence. Like a question mark. .
Men's reach should exceed the stars... else, what's a heaven for?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:34 pm
Georgiexx says...

Nawww... :D
i really liked your peice, it kept my attention.
Only critisism i had was the punctuation but KanenRenoir picked up on that for me.
Also try expanding on your characters, give them more detail and history of there time together.
eg. What happened when they were together, how did they meet and such... it is not always relivent but i was just curious.
Also see if you can add some more speech :D
I like the plot--very much so. But i want it to be longer, i want to find out what happens next and where their story leads.
Please write another chapter and let me know...

Kepp writing (please) :P
Love--Georgie xX
Today im happier than a bird with a french fry ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 pm
View Likes
MAri0O07 says...

I think its great, I am more of a werewolf guy myself but thats not important =). Its very interview with a vampire, I think the whole transformation seen should be like crazy detailed and must emphasize the beauty of herself and the things around her. She has just changed from human into vampire, which is a pretty big thing. Also Check my stuff out ~ MAri0O07 ~
LIVE, LOVE, AND WRITE
to express your self is not weird its natural and, in my opinion, AWESOME!!!!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:31 pm
whitnerrzz says...

I think you're a talented writer. However, this story is so generic and cliche now more than ever.
It felt like Twilight all over again, and though I am a fan of Twilight, I'm a bit worn out on the whole vampire craze.
Allow your mind time to truly create, and see if you can come up with something a bit more original. (:

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 am
winterbaby says...

I very must enjoyed the details and reading this. :)

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 pm
Redfang18 says...

Oh, the power of a vampire's blood so greatly described in the wizardry of words. As one who is the vampire-type of writer, I find this piece full of suspence and grand power. The transformation from mortal to vampire is written as a rapid, painless transformation. Such wizardry of words must not go to waste. Keep writing for the sake of writing. Soon others shall be drawn to this.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:20 am
youngwolf1105 says...

Wow, I really like this and it's got my mind of a few troubles for awhile. I wish you would turn this into a novel, it'd be super awesome and probably really popular. You know how vamps are so popular now! Anyways, I have no troubles with it that haven't already been said, so I'll leave you to it!
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

Reviews: 2
Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:10 am
Flamingolover says...

Oh my god. I loved it. I also got confused in some parts. I loved the emotion. Especially the part when she felt so much pain that she felt as frozen as an ice cube. And when she said that she couldn't run away, because her body became the vampire's. Also, I loved the shock when he said that he would never kill her. It was sweet and shocking at the same time. You did a good job on the detail. I got confused on the part when he was so calm and sweet, then...BAMMM... he is ordering her to drink blood. Now, the confusing part is that at first he cuts her wrist, then tells her to drink his. maybe you should make that a little bit more clear, or maybe it was just a typo. Well, other than that confusion, it was the most intense story that I have read.

Reviews: 2
Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:11 am
View Likes
Flamingolover says...

Oh my god. I loved it. I also got confused in some parts. I loved the emotion. Especially the part when she felt so much pain that she felt as frozen as an ice cube. And when she said that she couldn't run away, because her body became the vampire's. Also, I loved the shock when he said that he would never kill her. It was sweet and shocking at the same time. You did a good job on the detail. I got confused on the part when he was so calm and sweet, then...BAMMM... he is ordering her to drink blood. Now, the confusing part is that at first he cuts her wrist, then tells her to drink his. maybe you should make that a little bit more clear, or maybe it was just a typo. Well, other than that confusion, it was the most intense story that I have read.

Reviews: 1
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 pm
loulouby says...

Wow! This is a really great start,the punctuation needs editing like others say and there are a few words I personally would change such as "He revealed his fangs, sharp and deadly, like snakes" Instead of "He revealed his fangs, sharp and deadly, like snakes fangs" because I personally think it sounds better and possibly instead of "Frozen like a ice cube" maybe "Frozen as ice" because I think it makes a little bit more of an impact and makes more sense ??? Hope my comment helped and like others said please don`t hesitate to add more,it`s a great start to the story and really should be continued because it`s interesting and a great hook is entered, I would defiantly keep reading if it a full version was on the shelves :)

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace