z

Young Writers Society

Ignore this one: read Gone Away Home(i changed it)

Did you like it?

yes
No votes
no
No votes
eh..maybe?
100%

Total votes : 1

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:27 pm
VoraciousReader_545 says...

i reposted it, so ignore this topic.
Last edited by VoraciousReader_545 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:55 pm
Ego says...

*mumbles* paragraphs and spaces between them would make it easier to read...

Anther vampire novel eh? Looks good to me so far...it moves a little quickly, we don't get any character desciiption or why how our lass' parents died (besides in a fire), but it looks to be quite good so far. Your writing style is smooth and it flows well!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:22 am
VoraciousReader_545 says...

Okay good but does that mean I should? :twisted:

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:03 am
Ego says...

much easier to read now, thanks!

Not necessarily, it depends on your own personal style and preference...
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:36 pm
Bazoo says...

By no means bad, but could use a lot of work.

Character deveolopment is almost nonexistent. In fact, I don't really care about Sarah, because I don't really know her. Which is bad.

You could've set the atmosphere a little better; describe Sarah's feelings of when her home was destroyed, etc. I (the reader) need to feel for Sarah and cry if she gets hurt, is depressed, or feel exuberant when her life brightens.

That night the air was filled with the roar of sirens, hurdling towards the house.

This is really choppy. The tense doesn't seem to agree throughout the sentence. These kinds of sentences appear throughout the story, and they definetly need to be changed.
Mm . . . while this may not seem like the BEST option, you could try:

"That night, the air was filled with the destructive roar of sirens. The noise seemed to block out any other sound that tried to enter the human ear, especially one of a distressed girl running down the street."

Better?
Wow...I want to thank so many people for being here...well of course, God...and um...Nate...let's see...Liz...Brad...Chevy...Satan.

They're all cool.

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket