Return of Spooktober!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spooktober has returned!

Spooktober had its debut last year as a spooky, month long event between all parts of the site. We're continuing the tradition year with everything you could possibly need to satisfy your Halloween needs! From tagbooks to roleplays, from jams to contests, and even the occasional workshop, we have you covered.

All Spooktober events will be linked in this thread, so don't forget to subscribe to it if you want to join in on the Halloween fun.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Roleplays and Storybooks

Roleplays

Monster Mash!: A Halloween party featuring all of your nonhuman characters.

Becoming the Costume: When your character's costume suddenly becomes real, they realize Halloween isn't going to be as carefree as they thought it would be.

The Ghost Hunt: A seemingly haunted mansion gives your characters a night full of fright.

Trick or Treat!: Your younger characters get a chance to join in on the Halloween fun.

Storybooks

Night of the Living Tagbook: You get a chance to go on a ghost hunt of your own.
mage

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Contests

Tricks, Treats, & Prizes! Here's some fun contests for you to enter this October!

Spooky Profile Contest: Have you put out the scarecrows and adorned your profile with pumpkins? Take a screenshot showing your avatar, banner, and background to be considered in the "Spooky Profile Contest".

First Place: 1,000 points, Second Place: 500 points, Third Place: 250 points
Deadline: October 30th midnight EDT

YWS Poster Contest: Want to help advertise YWS, have an eye for graphic design? Make the best poster promoting YWS and see if you can earn the prize.

First Place: 1,500 points, Second Place: 750 points
Deadline: October 15

Inktober You've heard of RevMo, you've heard of NaNo and NaPo, but have you heard of Inktober? It's a challenge to make some sort of artistic piece (traditionally an ink drawing) every day of October! If you're interested in joining some of the members of YWS in this challenge, you can share your work over at the Inktober club page which also features some prompts from years past.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:59 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Writing Activities

Spooky Poetry Jam want to funnel all of your Halloween energy into some spooky writing? We've got you covered! Come to the spooky poetry jam at hosted by @TheBlueCat and @alliyah, we'll provide poetry prompts and company. Watch the Poetry Jams Club page for the link. And feel free to post your own Poetry Jam links over at the Club page this October as well!

Squills Spooky Writing Prompts @EternalRain has some spooky writing prompts for you for this October. Try your writing skills at one of the three prompts and send it in for a chance to have it featured in Squills. Also be on the lookout for more spooky Squills issues coming your way.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Workshops

Under Pressure Workshop: @AstralHunter and I are running a workshop on ! We'll be going over how to incorporate tension into your stories - storybooks and roleplays included. The workshop will probably only last for an hour or two, but feel free to stop in whenever you can.

mage

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

News

Keep an eye on the Squills News Room for a Super Spooky Squills Edition coming soon!

Also if you haven't brought a character over to the haunted mansion to participate in the Night of the Living Tagbook or tried on a spooky avatar for the Spooky Profile Contest it's not too late to jump into Spooktober!

Halloween Edition of Squills has been released!

Link to original comment[/quote]
Link to original comment

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato