z

Young Writers Society

Escape

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 am
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

This novel is in construction, and I've posted a few chapters on here but not only are these edited but it also goes up to five rather than just two, and I think I'll get better feedback with posting the entire novel. It's only a little over 50 pages right now, so it's not long at all (at least for a novel).

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it better, problems you may see with something relating to the plot (I catch them all the time in my other novels), etc. Nothing specific really.

Plot:
One night, in the home of a very wealthy business man, a young child was stolen. The child was pronounced dead, disappeared without a trace. His parents were never the same.
Years later he sits at a camp. A very cruel camp that not only abuses him physically but also emotionally. Many boys were at this camp. One night this child, by the name of Marcus, decided he was sick of all this and aids the help of a boy who claims to have been outside of the camp to escape. They succeed, but at a very high cost.
They find themselves at the home of a kind lady by the name of Jolene that promises to help them for a couple weeks until their parents are found. No one believes their story of the camp, but secrets are about to come out. Secrets that no one, not even Marcus, could have imagined. Now that he has the life he always wanted he wants nothing more than to help the other boys at the camp get that same life. But it won’t be easy.

PS- If anyone has a reality fiction novel without romance being the entire plot let me know and I can totally give you feedback on it. I can never find any realistic fiction novels without romance on here, so I would be very happy if you would point me in the right direction.
Attachments
Master Copy - E 2.doc
(293 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 am
View Likes
Omnihat says...

Hi there, I'll do one for you. Just give me a week or so to finish up with exams first.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:41 pm
Iggy says...

*edited*

Well, I feel stupid. I didn't even notice you had an attachment.. *face palm*
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 pm
stargazer9927 says...

I didn't even see your earlier post so it's all good :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:06 am
Omnihat says...

Here you go.
I hope this is helpful, feel free to message me if you have any questions :)
Master Copy - E 2 reviewed.doc
(323.5 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:55 pm
Sarah12 says...

I'll review it as soon as I have time, and I'll post my review soon.
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:18 am
Sarah12 says...

I can't seem to be able to download your file to read it. Sorry. If you know what I should do, let me know. I was looking forward to reading it! :) :) :)
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake