z

Young Writers Society

Untitled

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 am
Omnihat says...

Note:I know that to post here we need to do an advanced critique ourselves, but there doesn't seem to be anything available that isn't over a year old and I'm not sure if there's any point in reviewing stuff that old (someone please tell me if I'm wrong.) I'll be sure to do one when something shows up.

Anyway, this is a yet to be named novel I've been working on for a while. It's long, so I'm happy if only a partial critique is done.
Short synopsis:
Spoiler! :
Katelynn, a girl of 17, has no family, no friends, and no one to help her; and though she may be lonely, she is never by herself, and never will be. Catherine is with her everywhere she goes, but she's not a shadow, no imaginary friend. You could say Catherine is her worst nightmare, but even that isn't right. She is very real, and Katelynn is only just realising who Catherine really is.

The Sec, a secret organisation Katie has always wanted to join has forever been just out of reach for the young girl. That is, until she saves the life of a member, who guides her through training in an attempt to join them.
Katelynn’s dreams are about too come true, and she feels like maybe her life could be good for once. But her hopes are dashed when disaster strikes on her first assignment and terrible suffering parades over someone close to her. And when she meets a couple boys whose lives are surprisingly similar to hers.

Untitled.doc
(689 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm
Tenyo says...

<Space reserved>
We were born to be amazing.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 pm
Tenyo says...

<Space reserved>
We were born to be amazing.

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary