z

Young Writers Society

A Shot of Arrogance

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 pm
Sins says...

I'm thinking of entering this into Kitty15's Advanced Critiques contest. I'd really like to get some reviews before the deadline arrives so that I can improve this as much as possible because, right now, it's very shabby and not too amazing. There isn't anything recent posted in this forum, so there's nothing for me to review really. Because of that, if you want anything reviewed in return for this (because I know I technically have to review a novel or two for posting this), just ask me.

There are specific chapters that I don't like and aspects of the novel that I'm concerned about, but I won't specify anything here because I just know I'll end up babbling. Admittedly, the novel itself is rather long (77,000 words), so I'm not sure if anyone will really want to read that much... but I'd be eternally grateful if you did. Like I said before, I'd happily review a novel of any length in return.

Brief synopsis:
Spoiler! :
Victoria Kingston is a young girl living in a rather wealthy way in England. Her family's entire fortune is in jeopardy unless she marries within the next year, but she doesn't even have a boyfriend, let alone any fiancé material. Besides, she's seventeen years old. Why would she want to get married? It's barbaric. It was until she met Richard Brooks, that is.

Richard is a charming, handsome, mature, and most importantly, rich man. Marriage may feel like an out of this world thought, but as Victoria's relationship grows with Richard, marriage begins to become surprisingly far less terrifying. As far as Victoria can tell, Richard seems rather keen on her company too. He does when she isn't with Oliver Poynter, Victoria's loud-mouthed personal assistant, that is.

As time runs out for what's left of Victoria's childhood, the truth of reality begins creeping in on her. When a heart-stopping event takes place one night, the bubble she's been living in bursts. Are any chances of becoming a wife for her ruined before they've began, all thanks to some immature assistant? Will she bottle out of the challenge that is marriage? Or will she finally face up to the grown up world?

A Shot of Arrogance YWS.doc
(579.5 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by Sins on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:20 am
WritersUnleashed says...

I probably won't be able to do too much, but I'll do some crits (such as maybe crit every other chapter). I skimmed it and it looks pretty good.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 pm
Azila says...

Alright, Skinsyboy. Here 'tis.

I've never done an Advanced Critique before, so I hope this isn't breaking any rules...
Attachments
ArrogganceReview.doc
(93 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:37 pm
Jas says...

LAV IT SKINSY! I'll have mine up ASAP.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

101 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:01 pm
WritersUnleashed says...

Azila did a pretty decent job on Plot Crits. I will, however, be starting my crits on the actual book itself, not as much on the plot. *Puts critting glasses on* Time for fun.

101 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 pm
WritersUnleashed says...

For what I've read. I LOVE IT. I'm enjoying this crit. I will be editing this post with updates on my crit. I am currently starting page 2.
A Shot of Arrogance CRIT YWS.doc
(671.5 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 pm
Sins says...

Thanks for all the help, so far, guys! :)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

225 Reviews

Reviews: 225
Thu May 26, 2011 9:40 pm
Spitfire says...

Hey Skinsy! I've finally finished reading the novel (in case you forgot, yes I was reading this) ;)

I think this was really good and I'm glad I read the whole thing :)
Good work and good luck if you try and publish it!

I've nit-picked along the sides and reviewed at the end of the novel, so I hope this helps...
A Shot of Arrogance_reviewed.doc
(600.5 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

Suz 8)
Got a story you'd like reviewed?
topic75101.html

Punctuation is the difference between "Let's eat, Grandma" and "Let's eat Grandma".

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 pm
tigershark17 says...

Hey! Well, I read the entire thing and reviewed it, but then when I went to save it, it disappeared. I'm pretty good with computers, so I am hoping I will be able to find it. WHen I do, I will be sure and post it immediatley. Anyway, I really liked it, and I will try to find it ASAP!
Behind every impossible achievement is a dreamer of impossible dreams.
--Robert Greenleaf

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 am
ChocolateMoonLight says...

Hey! Skins,
Here I am to review as you asked. Hope it's not to late ????
Well anyway, starting ASAP!!!!!
-rooh
Spoiler! :
Checkout the different shades of sunset...
topic84708.html

Need a review??? Click here! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic87443.html#p913699%20URL%20Review%20Bar...

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu