z

Young Writers Society

deleted

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 am
napalmerski says...

deleted
Last edited by napalmerski on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:34 pm
Krupp says...

It's been a very, very long time since I've been on here, but this sounds like a really intriguing idea you have here, and I'm going to start reading it today. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

117 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm
napalmerski says...

Ah, Krupp, great to hear from you!!
Be warned, there's more summarizing than real prose in that experiment.
(better see what I just put into the general fic stories, now that's nutty:)
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 pm
Krupp says...

Quite frankly, given what i've read so far, these short stories greatly remind me of a particular writer in the "bizarro" fiction scene named Jeremy Robert Johnson. Your works mix up a great atmospheric look at an alternate reality world, and throw in bizarre ideas and concepts as well. This is the kind of story I've been wanting to write for a long time; something very similar to this. Unfortunately I just haven't gotten around to working on it yet....

With that said, I see what you mean by summarizing here; some would call it 'info-dumping' i think, but in truth, a ton of the greatest writers there's been info dump. I wish that info dump didn't have such a negative connotation to it. David Foster Wallace did tons of info dumping/summarizing in Infinite Jest, and YET that's what kind of makes the novel what it is, essentially. In other words, I don't condone or condemn your summarizing here; after all, we all do it whether we admit it or not. Great work as always mate. I'm glad I could read some stuff of yours for a change. I'm getting really sick of the crap I have to read in school. Reading novels like "Little Women" just doesn't do it for me, you know?
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

117 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm
View Likes
napalmerski says...

Krupp, your feedback gives me wings AND provides me with names of authors I immediately start researching. This is the best feedback one can hope for. Thank you so much dude. Whenever your brain goes on academic strike and forces you to quickly write a story a three to vent the pressure, whistle and I'll be thereski!
Robert Howard

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind