z

Young Writers Society

deleted

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 am
napalmerski says...

deleted
Last edited by napalmerski on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:34 pm
Krupp says...

It's been a very, very long time since I've been on here, but this sounds like a really intriguing idea you have here, and I'm going to start reading it today. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

117 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm
napalmerski says...

Ah, Krupp, great to hear from you!!
Be warned, there's more summarizing than real prose in that experiment.
(better see what I just put into the general fic stories, now that's nutty:)
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 pm
Krupp says...

Quite frankly, given what i've read so far, these short stories greatly remind me of a particular writer in the "bizarro" fiction scene named Jeremy Robert Johnson. Your works mix up a great atmospheric look at an alternate reality world, and throw in bizarre ideas and concepts as well. This is the kind of story I've been wanting to write for a long time; something very similar to this. Unfortunately I just haven't gotten around to working on it yet....

With that said, I see what you mean by summarizing here; some would call it 'info-dumping' i think, but in truth, a ton of the greatest writers there's been info dump. I wish that info dump didn't have such a negative connotation to it. David Foster Wallace did tons of info dumping/summarizing in Infinite Jest, and YET that's what kind of makes the novel what it is, essentially. In other words, I don't condone or condemn your summarizing here; after all, we all do it whether we admit it or not. Great work as always mate. I'm glad I could read some stuff of yours for a change. I'm getting really sick of the crap I have to read in school. Reading novels like "Little Women" just doesn't do it for me, you know?
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

117 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm
View Likes
napalmerski says...

Krupp, your feedback gives me wings AND provides me with names of authors I immediately start researching. This is the best feedback one can hope for. Thank you so much dude. Whenever your brain goes on academic strike and forces you to quickly write a story a three to vent the pressure, whistle and I'll be thereski!
Robert Howard

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand