Young Writers Society

Rules and Guidelines

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Reviewing Here

1. Do not delete any part of the document. Add to the document as much as you want with suggestions and comments, but do not edit the writing itself or delete another reviewer’s comment which you don’t agree with. The only person who has permission to delete in the novel document is the author, but we do strongly advise that they have a saved copy elsewhere.

2. Absolutely no flaming in literary comments, or in anything linked, uploaded, or attached to the forum in any way. Mutual respect must be shown at all times!

3. Review unto others as you’d have them review unto you. We understand that there’s a lot of reading involved in a full novel, but that’s something you should take on board before posting here. If you’re not willing to take the time to give in-depth comments on plot, character and the workings of the novel as a whole, then you shouldn’t be willing to receive them.

4. As this is a novel workshop, spelling and grammar critiques will be less helpful than on the other forums. Focus on the novel itself as a whole, and on the questions the writer asks. Remember, Novel Workshop is just that - it’s a workshop, full of unpolished novels that will eventually be revised. The author is able to see what is wrong with their grammar, but without your help, they will not know what is wrong with their characters, settings, dialogue, etc. It is much more constructive to comment on the content of the novel.

Posting Here

1. Rate your works accordingly and refrain from swearing in your titles. If you’re uncertain about your rating, refer to Rating Content (By: Nate), or ask one of the guys in green to help you out.

2. Have a saved copy elsewhere. While reviewers are asked to not delete any section of your writing, accidents may happen and we’d hate for you to lose anything!

3. It’s free to post in Novel Workshops, but we ask that you refrain from flooding the forum with your works. Please give others a chance to share their work, as well as time to read your own. Keep in mind that these are enormous pieces of work we’re talking about, so posting with high frequency may scare off your reviewers.

4. This forum is for larger works. Therefore, written works posted here must be a minimum of 10,000 words, give or take a hundred. Anything shorter may be posted in another forum to receive critiques suited for shorter work.

If you see a violation of the rules among this forum, please report the post to a moderator, and proper measures will be taken from there. You can report by PMing anybody in green or by clicking the exclamation point in the top right of each post.

If you're still unsure about what to do in this forum then please see the FAQ, where you may also post questions of your own.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:25 am
JabberHut says...

*updated*
I make my own policies.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:56 pm
Rydia says...

*Updated*
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 am
View Likes
Charlie II says...

*fixed link after Apollo update*
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina