z

Young Writers Society

The Trail's Beginning

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:48 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

The Blurb:

On May 23. 1934 the infamous outlaws Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow are ambushed and killed by officers of the law. After death, they are given the chance at a second life in which it is possible to right their past wrongs. Eighty years later, Belle Proctor's life is forever changed when a new family moves into the house beside hers. Clinton Brook has just been released from prison and is hoping for a new start. What neither of them are expecting is the love that blossoms between them. Dreams of a long-ago life plague them at night while Belle's abusive ex-fiance threatens their safety during the day. Will history repeat itself? Or will they finally live the life they've always wanted?

A few notes here, just so that everything is clear. The Prologue has already been rewritten in full, which is why it is not in the present tense like the rest of the novel. I've done my best to keep Bonnie and Clyde's lives as accurate as possible, though I did have to take some liberties with things that aren't known for sure.

I'll list what I'm looking for here.

- Does the plot flow smoothly?
- Are the characters believable?
- What characters did you feel most strongly about?
- Did you skip any parts?
- Was there any point where you were confused? If so, what by?

Thank you to whoever picks this up. :)
Attachments
The Trail's Beginning First Draft.rtf
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson