z

Young Writers Society

Ar Glandival Ma Suledin

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:58 am
CookieNinjaBread says...

If you aren't familiar with the Dragon Age games, then you won't know what the Dalish are.

The Dalish are elves, who live in clans in the forest. (More info: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dalish )

:::

Starting idea: Asha lives in a Dalish encampment, aspiring to become a mage. She discovers shape shifting in one of the keepers old books, and experiments. Thinking she would be Halla as her mother is her clans Halla keeper , she starts the long process of learning, but is surprised when all attempts fail and she starts showing signs of a wolf instead.

Eventually she comes to the realization that her form will be wolf and starts studying them. This is where she starts seeing the man more, and often feels like she is being watched. Until one day, he speaks.

More: Asha, my dalish mage, is living in her camp and something happens (I'm not certain yet) but she may end up killing someone or something with her accidental magic. They banish her and Talehn leaves too, to offer support and safety. While she's looking for a place stay, her magic keeps advancing without her control and she hurts Talehn but not badly. So they try to look for a place where she can get help.

She has to learn how to control her magic, while at the same time try to understand it.
I need ideas to base on top of that.
I'm thinking that her trying to transform into an animal overwhelms her and it makes all her magic dodgy.

:::

Could I please have some constructive criticism and/or ideas to expand upon?
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare