z

Young Writers Society

Liz + Zac

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat May 14, 2016 2:55 pm
Carlito says...

Hello! I'm looking for people to read my completed YA contemporary romance novel, Liz + Zac. It's 84,000 words and I would say if you're a fan of All the Bright Places (Jennifer Niven) or Eleanor and Park (Rainbow Rowell) you'd probably like it.

A rough pitch:
Spoiler! :

Liz had to leave. Zac got left.
Months of bullying at school and years of feeling like the unwanted extra in her home leaves 16-year-old Liz wanting out. When the girls at school take a prank too far and her parents are as unsympathetic as ever, she decides to leave and forge her own path, alone, in Denver, Colorado.
But making her way as a homeless runaway isn't all it's cracked up to be. When Liz meets Zac, she isn't expecting much. People have a knack for letting her down and she's not in the mood to make friends. But Zac is homeless, too. He has his own reasons for being out here and his own demons to face. If Liz can find a way to trust him and let him in, he could be her answer to how make a life away from her parents. Or he could destroy her.

Diverse cast, first-person narration, some language, some mature themes (so I would say 16+ in terms of rating)

What I'm looking for:
I want you to read the whole thing and I want your thoughts. This is the first draft so I'm more interested in big picture thoughts (characters, plot, pace, etc.) than nit-picky things like grammar and word choice. (Feel free to comment on those things if you feel the need but I don't want that to be the main focus).

You can give your thoughts as you go, thoughts after each chapter, or your thoughts as a whole once you're all done. Whatever is easiest for you. I will have a lot of questions for you about what you think of x when you're done. I need you to be super honest. If you hate it, please tell me (and why). You will not hurt my feelings.

You can read the first part of the first chapter here. This is all that will be posted here. I am very protective of my work because it is my intention and desire to traditionally publish someday. Therefore, if you want to read it, I ask that we work through email or PMs.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you would be interested in helping me out! I can read something for you in return if you are interested! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Mon May 16, 2016 2:03 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Thank you so much for linking me over here from my wall.

I would love to read Liz + Zac as long as you don't mind that it might take me a few weeks. Shoot me a PM so we can get going on this! <3

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:45 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

No but srsly, shoot me a PM, yo.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47