z

Young Writers Society

deleted

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:46 am
View Likes
fight4whatisright says...

Last edited by fight4whatisright on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

This is interesting. I'll make sure to read it when I've the time and Internet. :)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hey! I can take a look for you! I don't read a lot of urban fantasy, but I love YA :)

What I like to do is read the whole thing once as a reader and give my thoughts at the end (big picture things like plot, characterization, execution, what I thought worked/didn't, etc.) Then I go back through and give more specific feedback for each chapter. I'm very honest, but I'm also very positive - so I'll tell you what I think you're doing well and what I like, but I don't shy away from constructive feedback :)

I'm looking over another novel in this manner right now, so as soon as I'm done with that one, I can get started on yours if my critique style sounds like something you're interested in!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness