z

Young Writers Society

Muse, oh muse, where are you?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:45 pm
Jon says...

So your stuck huh?

Whether writing prose or poetry, dandelions or daffodils, carrots or tomatoes you can always find your muse. (even if she may have died when you weren't looking) :D

If that's the case though, If your muse has seemed to die, then the world is yours for the taking! Who needs a muse anyway, You always have that constant feeling someone is standing right next to you, like a stalker.

Back on topic though, If you're having a bit of trouble and you can't seem to write, go wandering.

Now I don't want you to wander in the road!

When you are 'stuck' I always find a walk outside to be relaxing and filled with more 'tangible' muses.

Like the grass, sky, The wind etc ...

If the nature aspect doesn't take to your liking, then music is always an option!

List of things you can try to get back that writing ticker ticking!:

1. Walk outside
2. Listen to music
3.Television
4. Brainstorming
5.Thinking of random things (this works!)
6. let your mind rest for a day or two. (It can only think so much before it stops!)
7. Have you tried pouring emotion onto your pages?
8. Write something, even if it isn't great. (you can edit and in the process you might get inspiation)
9. Have you ate food today? ( :D ) Really though, eat something!
10. Talk with friends, don't think about writing, this allows for stress free thinking, a stress free mind is a good one!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 am
View Likes
Monki says...

Awesome, Jon! :) Never thought about eating! xD
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:15 pm
View Likes
TalaPaulwic says...

Eating, it causes bliss, and makes me feel good. I'm going to eat, listen to music, and write all at the same time! AWesome thanks!
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm
Rakun says...

How about ...
-Read another literary genre that you rarely or never read, may you get new ideas for your prose.
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor