z

Young Writers Society

Writers block and other things

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 pm
NinjaRebel says...

Ok, I’ve decided to give a few absolutely pointless writing tips that I hope you find helpful. I’m sure that you know most of these already but anyways. Most of these are to do with writers block and motivation.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have writers block and/or you have no motivation then you could try this:

Snacks: Come on, they taste good, they’re brain food…just don’t over do it.

Comfort: Make sure that your surrounding environment is putting you into a good writing space that it’s not to dark, to bright; to hot…you get the idea.

Read about writing: Dust off a writing book, magazine, or online article you’ve been meaning to read. It might help your creative juices

Put in some mood music:
Pick out CDs that relax you or stimulate you, if your next bit of writing is sad, play sad music etc. If there is a particular song that invigorates you, play that as well.

Critique: Since you can’t feel motivation to work on your own stuff, utilize the time to help someone else. Sometimes working on someone else’s work can motivate you to work on your own.

Keep a writing journal— Record what happens to you and the people that you meet. They might just provide interesting character and scenes for your book if you spice them up a little. Plus, its writing practice right?

Go somewhere and do something different

Make deadlines for yourself and stick to them. If your writing is not up to scratch, then you can go over it when you feel up to it again. Write your deadlines down and post them in a prominent place near the computer where you must see them every day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes the best thing to do is to write it down on paper first. This isn’t necessarily the case with all writers but sometimes, paper gets your feeling more creative than a computer because unless you have a laptop, you can’t go and write outside or in a particularly inspiring place while you are writing.
Ok, I hoped that this helped! Enjoy your day.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 pm
anh18 says...

Ok, thanks for the advice!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:49 pm
Rakun says...

I like the idea to set up deadlines to myself because I take seriously it rather a habit besides it sharp my motivation.
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 pm
eldEr says...

Good tips!! :D
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink