z

Young Writers Society

YWS Handout Flyers

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:24 am
Nate says...

If you feel so inclined, you can help spread the word about YWS by posting these flyers in your school, library, grocery store, or wherever such handouts tend to congregate be it on a bulletin board or a sewer drain (well, not the latter hopefully).

However, please be careful about where you post these flyers! It must only be in places where such flyers are allowed (typically there are bulletin boards for just this purpose in libraries), or you have specifically asked for permission first.

There are three different flyers in .pdf format. The logos were drawn by Bobo. Flyers were designed by Rosey Unicorn, Suzanne and Lava (AzaleaLexis).

To download them, just click on the name of the flyer.
ywshandout_suzanne.pdf
(350 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

ywshandout_rosey_unicorn.pdf
(121.81 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

1LavasEntry.pdf
(610.75 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Spoiler! :
Note- These flyers are now out of date. Please use the ones outside the spoiler

In the third, the logo was drawn by Galatea.

To save one, just right-click and hit "save as." Or you can simply click on it and save/print from there.

Handout Number One
Handout Number Two
Handout Number Three
Last edited by Nate on Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:40 am
Ares says...

Good idea!

These would look nice down at my local library.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:00 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

It's a good idea, but they should probably have some more information that just a logo and the website url to give people a better idea of what the site is about.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:11 pm
Ares says...

The flyer says

YOUNG WRITERS Society, people should be able to figure it out.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:53 pm
backgroundbob says...

Nah, Rei's got a good point; personally, I think we need a mix. These posters are excellent for just raising awareness - if someone's walking by and thinks "yeah, I've been looking for a writing group" then they're bound to check it out, but if there's more information (just a couple of lines, even) then hopefully we'll pull in a few people who didn't even realise this is what they were looking for. That's basically what happened to me when I started writing - I did no creative work whatsoever, but I picked up a leaflet with information about a writing ring, and after looking at the explanation, I thought "that's really cool; I wonder if I could do that?"

I think that those logos will catch people's eye, which is brilliant - that's half the battle won. Maybe a few lines saying what we're about wouldn't go amiss; just have a separate set of flyers that would accomplish that?

Just a thought.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:54 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I did try to put more info on it, but it looked too cramped and not nearly as visually appealing. I think that Galatea's and Bobo's logos speak for themselves. However, if someone wants to come up with a couple lines, I can easily make another few flyers as an alternative.

Anyways, I posted them today in the libraries near where I live!

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:08 am
Shine says...

they(the flyers) are cool.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:42 pm
View Likes
jtksmile says...

I can assure you that they are up in my local library and village notice board. :D However i would like to be able to give more immediate information. How about having posters up then small flyers with a few lines of information available to pick up from a library desk?!?!
Love is nothing but a selfless devotion, left to live it's wildest dreams.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:03 pm
View Likes
Teufelshund says...

Good job! I might post them at a local library...as for my school, there are already three (possibly more) people from ym school who have memberships here.

I'd also reccomend making a web banner for YWS and put it on your profile/signatures for other websites for recruiting.

Maybe add a 'where did you hear about YWS' poll at new member registration to help get more people here.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:09 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I'm gonna try and get them up at my local library too ... only problem is, they usually have local groups, and I've never seen any websites advertised. However, I think if I explain it well enough, it should be okay.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 pm
Emerson says...

I think I'll take some to my school library... Maybe even the local library, though They hate me there... *growls at librarians*
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:13 pm
LowKey says...

Our library would be more than happy to have these flyers! The librarians there all about reading and writing, and want to encourage it. Sounds like a great idea, Nate!
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:37 pm
View Likes
Firestalker says...

Good idea Nate.

I'll try but i doubt anyone will even glance at it.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 am
View Likes
Leja says...

Oh, I love the writing on the third one. I'll see what I can do about posting them.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I think I'll put some of these up in my school library; I'll be spending three and a half hours there next week anyway. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314